Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

This entire Kobe jersey retirement press conference - and really just the fact he's getting TWO jerseys retired - is such a exercise in jacking off his ego. Good god. I want to like him but this is hard to listen to.
Just like his hijacking a team for multiple years and then going around to every city and having them "honor" him. And then that bullshit last game.

This entire Kobe jersey retirement press conference - and really just the fact he's getting TWO jerseys retired - is such a exercise in jacking off his ego. Good god. I want to like him but this is hard to listen to.
Just like his hijacking a team for multiple years and then going around to every city and having them "honor" him. And then that bullshit last game.
He's the absolute worst. I like nothing about him.

In fairness to Kobe, he accomplished enough wearing both jerseys that it's hard to disagree with retiring them both.

I grew up a Kobe superfan, then soured on him when I got more into analytics, and now I find myself somewhere in the middle. He was a flawed player but he's also no worse than around 15th all time. And as painful and destructive as his last three seasons were, the last game was cool. He was even pretty efficient!

Also-is it just me or do the Celtics blow every big lead they get? They went up 20 against Memphis in the first quarter the other night yet still needed a huge 4th quarter to win. Then tonight, they needed Kyrie heroics plus a huge blunder to win despite being up like 15 at halftime.

We’re getting to the point where a reasonable person would give the Rockets at least a 30% chance, if they have home court advantage, to take 2 games from the Warriors.

How does Calipari get all these terrible individual defensive players to be part of a good defense? Kentucky was #7 on defense last year with Monk. I assume Fox was a good defender. But Briscoe, Adebayo, Willis? Why were they so much better on defense than Tatum, Giles, Jefferson? The Master.

Also-is it just me or do the Celtics blow every big lead they get? They went up 20 against Memphis in the first quarter the other night yet still needed a huge 4th quarter to win. Then tonight, they needed Kyrie heroics plus a huge blunder to win despite being up like 15 at halftime.

Correct - this has not been a positive trend.

Celtics still very interested in Davis. I only like it if they don't give up Tatum. Not sure who or what else NO could possibly want though. Brown and picks wouldn't get it done.

Here is what I want to see next year: Kyrie/Hayward/Tatum/Horford/Davis. I don't think it's possible.

It would be Tatum who goes. I have a feeling NBA GMs are more in line with this board's perception of Brown as a role player, and not the homer Boston message boards that group him with Tatum as "untouchable"

and not the homer Boston message boards that group him with Tatum as "untouchable"

VTdpKje.png

Such damn non-objective fanboys.

If Ainge thought he could get AD for Horford/Brown/Smart and two 1sts he'd be on a plane to pick up Davis in five minutes.

New Orleans would ask Tatum/Horford/(Filler like Smart), the LAL/SAC pick, the Memphis 1st, and probably something else. And Ainge would do it, rightfully.

Hopefully we don't need to worry about this.

I don't see any reason why New Orleans would want to trade Davis in the first place. They need to find a way to get some good wings and guards. What they don't need to do is move on from a franchise player who is locked up through 2021.

How about Hayward, Alford & Smart and picks? I agree they probably don't trade him right now, but you're never getting more than $.75 on the dollar for a guy like Davis.

I'd guess both teams take stock of what happens in the next 12 months. I actually do like Brown a lot, but if Hayward is back to where he was by early next year, the wing is pretty crowded. NO will see what they can do to upgrade the cast, but the Boogie/Davis combo is so hard to scheme around I just can't see it ever being close to a true contender, especially now that they are in no man's land w/r/t the draft. Unclear what their upgrade path is.

Really bad Celtics loss tonight at home to Miami team missing a bunch of starters. Spolestra played a 2-3 zone in the third qtr and Stevens put some asshole lineup that didn't know wtf to do.

Kyrie scores like 10 points with under 3 minutes left to bring the game to one. Barely misses game winner at the buzzer, Celtics lose. He takes the brunt of the blame from idiot Boston fans. Meanwhile "team MVP" Al Horford had fouled out after going 2-10, 8 rebounds, and 2-5 from the line. Fucking hell.

I thought this team would make me like Boston fans. So far completely the opposite effect.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom