Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Must have been unstoppable in college

That's an interesting Twitter thread.

Question: do you know if the transition statistic take assists into account? Because I noticed Lonzo Ball's is really low, and figured that may be why.

Smart/Rozier went 4-17, that's nothing new, but they get a pass because they're the "heart and soul of the team". Al Softford 10 points (4-12) and 6 boards. Yeah, that's what you expect from a max contract center. He's the real MVP of that team though.

Going to guess Celticsblog is pinning this one on Kyrie for "chucking" instead of letting the other offensive stalwarts on the team score.

What will be real fun is the Cavs and their literally 10 guys who can score crapping all over Boston in Thomas' debut game, who on weeks of rest will probably shoot more efficiently than Kyrie, at which point Celtics fans will start pissing and moaning about having traded him. No one will care Marcus Smart is still the second offensive option.

If Horford isn't a max player, then I'm not sure how many guys are. It's not a coincidence that the Hawks went to shit and Boston became a conference power over the past two seasons. He's so damn good on both ends. I don't buy him as team MVP (Kyrie's scoring is a more valuable skill than anything Horford does), but he's a top 15 player in the league right now, IMO.

If Horford isn't a max player, then I'm not sure how many guys are. It's not a coincidence that the Hawks went to shit and Boston became a conference power over the past two seasons. He's so damn good on both ends. I don't buy him as team MVP (Kyrie's scoring is a more valuable skill than anything Horford does), but he's a top 15 player in the league right now, IMO.

I think top-15 is way too high, but he does seem to be the guy that makes it work for the Celts. Problem is, he has been shit recently both offensively and defensively. Something went wrong in San Antonio, because he hasn't been the same since Aldridge worked his ass. I feel like team are really going at him now, and it is wearing him out. Love his game, but I think we may have seen peak Horford in games 3-25ish. NBA is ruthless and now that he is being singled out as the guy (along with KI, who you almost can't gameplan against) to take out in order to win, he is going to be hounded every game.

He has struggled of late, but he's having an incredible season. You could be right that he's getting warn down. I think Horford is a victim of others' expectations of him. People want a star big man to give you 25 and 10 every night, but Horford's more Draymond than Anthony Davis. Not a great rebounder or scorer, but the passing, spacing and defense he provides is damn hard to find in a big. Don't think top 15 is a stretch given that it's backed up almost any advanced metric you want to look at.

Kyrie is the Celt's MVP.

Horford has been solid the past 2 years - they need another big to help him & Baynes out.

Warriors back on top of the Western Conference's standing. 2nd round pick Jordan Bell with 20 and 10. Thank you Bulls for selling the pick for $3.5 million.

It's probably a good thing he's only getting 8-9 shots a game so that when Hayward comes back he won't have to make a huge adjustment to his game. Keep being efficient on 8-9 shots a game and continue to grow as a player.

Refs took over for Golden State down the stretch. Durant fouled Lebron over and over with no call. They ref Lebron just like they did Shaq. He’s so much bigger/stronger/faster that they don’t give him calls anyone else would get. It’s like they feel like they have to level the playing field for everyone else.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom