Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

What if Durant chose the Celtics or stayed in OKC, who is the favorite? Celtics probably don't have Horford but possibly still have Kyrie. Maybe Kyrie, Tatum, Brown, Durant and Zeller?

Rockets and Cs would be a hell of a battle. If he stayed in OKC then its wide open and I could see GS, Rockets, OKC, Cals and Cavs all in serious competition. Sucks so much that durant is a bitch and ruined the league for a good 4-5yrs.

Just awful roster construction. I know no one could anticipate the Hayward injury, but the 11 other players on the roster, sans Hoford occasionally (who's still better suited as a high level role player/facilitator) shouldn't be such shitheads as scorers. Luckily I think Ainge recognizes this and unlike the stupid Boston fans won't have a problem cutting bait from garbage like Rozier and Smart.

Sadly a chunk of this is on Tatum who has hit the rookie wall at unprecedented speed, which after 45-50 games was probably overdue.

Expectations are probably skewed still, however. I mean when you think about it, the Celtics have 1.5 stars, and the rest of the roster is role players. They had no business being on track for 60 wins.

Last edited:
@DurhamSon - I think there are 3 legit stars on the Celts in Hayward's absence; Tatum will come out of this spiral.

There are two solid role players on the Celts: Baynes & Brown. I don't think the Celts run sets for Jalen, which is why I'd call him a role player. He is their 3 and D guy, though the 3 part is certainly under construction. The Cs need a shooter or two and a rim protector to beef up their 'supporting cast'.

The backcourt situation outside KI: Smart will move along but I think there is a place for Rozier and his irrational confidence on this team - he is a decent backup to KI by providing some juice on both ends of the floor with his quickness.

This franchise is on the right track.

I'm telling you. The Celtics need to get Kemba. Don't know if he'd be willing to be a backup. But at $12 million, he's worth the risk.

I'm interested to see where Bron goes next year. I don't see an obvious choice for him or what his best scenario would look like
If he wants a shot at more championships…San Antonio. After what Durant did, people might actually applaud the move since it would be a real challenge to the GSW dynasty.

Dan Gilbert trying to sell the Cavs before LeBron leaves.

Isn't the idea to buy low, and sell high? Your team's bickering and losing games, can't guard anybody, has a lot of role players tied up with $15m+ salaries, and LeBron can opt out of his contract at the end of the year and has given you no indication he's staying. He should have sold earlier.

Banned from shooting 3s. Thrown under bus as a team cancer when that wasn't true at all. Kidd always hated Duke.

Glad the Duke coach no longer has this defensive philosophy.

Last edited:
Supposedly Leonard and the Spurs are very unhappy. Wonder if Ainge could throw the house at the Spurs for Leonard.

Brown, Smart, Morris and next years pick for Leonard?

Highly doubt the Spurs would even entertain it without Tatum. They'd probably want Brown, Tatum and the pick.

I bet Brown, Smart, the pick and the trade exception could get Cousins though. NO could pair Davis with Bagley. Smart, Jrue, Brown, Bagley, Davis. Boston has Kyrie, Gordon, Tatum, Horford, Cousins.

Don't trade Tatum. Would be a big mistake.

Cousins on the Celts....I like Boogie's game, but the only time I recall team chemistry not being a problem for him was when he was on the national team. Hard pass for me.

Leonard would be a monster in Boston, assuming he's healthy. I would be disappointed if they traded Tatum but I would get it.

Bron's team will win by 20+.

Wouldn NO, Boston and Cleveland be better off with these deals?

Cousins for Love, the Brooklyn pick and the Kyrie trade exception.

Davis and Asik for Horford, Brown, Smart, the top 5 pick and the trade exception.

Cavs:
Thomas
Smith
Crowder
Bron
Cousins

Could possibly win the title but then could lose IT, Bron and Cousins and be looking at a disaster of a roster.

Boston:
Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Morris
Davis

Lose some depth and the top 5 pick but would have two top 10 players and two more that could be all stars. Would have to be the favorites for the title IMO.

NO:
Smart
Jrue
Brown
Love
Horford

NO loses two top 10 players and gets back two all stars, two role players and two top 10 picks. They would have 3 top 15 picks and who knows, maybe they get lucky or package two of the picks and move to get Bagley and Porter. Dangle Love's expiring deal next offseason and then you're left with a ton of money and a lineup of Holiday, Brown, Porter, Bagley and Horford.

These two trades will never happen but I actually like them for all 3 teams.

Cavs:
Thomas
Smith
Crowder
Bron
Cousins

Could possibly win the title but then could lose IT, Bron and Cousins and be looking at a disaster of a roster.

Wait, huh? You realize that Smith and Crowder are both 1) not in the top 8 in the Cavs on scoring; 2) shooting below 42% from the field; 3) shooting below 35% from beyond the arc. 4) Have PERs below 11.

Couple that with the fact that Thomas has come back from the injury shooting poorly (39% FG, 28% 3pt) and that's a trainwreck of a starting perimeter. Even with Bron and Cousins.

I'm not convinced that's better than NO's starting lineup this year.

Also, trading Love and the Brooklyn pick for 4 months of DeMarcus Cousins could be an all-time record price for a short-term rental.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom