Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

old news. there are a bunch of trials starting up soon for treatment and for prophylaxis

1584326637392.png

This is good.

We are coming together to pursue a common goal of social distancing.

Gives me great hope.

All those mutant weirdos that order to go then sit in their car and eat are getting the last laugh.

This is becoming a popular tweet.

Been told by a friend to take Tylenol if I get a fever.

Distilleries across the country are starting to make hand sanitizer and are giving it away.

Portland, Durham, Atlanta, etc.

This is the America I would die for.

I have some extra hand sanitizer if anyone here is in an area experiencing a shortage. Just shoot me a PM and I'll send it your way.

I wonder: is it better to go out and get supplies or do Instacart? Initial logic would say Instacart. But I just ordered from them and I had to hand the driver my ID to scan and then had to sign the touch screen of his phone, all while standing 3-4 feet from him. I can't think of how many people he's done that with just today. Seems like it would have been better to just go buy groceries at 7am.

Judging by my Facebook feed primarily of friends and family in a heavily red state, this is true.

A distrust and dislike of the government is generally healthy, but unfortunately it could work against us during a pandemic.

How you get to these people: I have no idea. Human beings naturally don't like being told what to do, and the historical prejudice against "big government" just further entrenches the sentiment.

I wonder: is it better to go out and get supplies or do Instacart? Initial logic would say Instacart. But I just ordered from them and I had to hand the driver my ID to scan and then had to sign the touch screen of his phone, all while standing 3-4 feet from him. I can't think of how many people he's done that with just today. Seems like it would have been better to just go buy groceries at 7am.

Did you buy alcohol? In my experience that's been the only times they check my ID.
Not sure if this is universal but Instacart (and Shipt, as well, I believe) both have a Leave at Door option when you order. You don't even need to be at home.
I was already getting 90% of my groceries delivered anyway so it's a no-brainer for me.

Yeah, I did. Next time I need to order I'll skip the alcohol. It's a luxury anyway.

My front door is a little hard to find, which makes this a bit more difficult.

Update from Dr. Gottlieb.

Synopsis:

- we did better than China at containing community spread
- very encouraged by the politicians
- curve could start to decline in late April
- so far our healthcare system hasn't been exhausted and it won't be if we keep it up
- the virus may come back in the Fall- we need to keep working on tools to combat it

Overall I feel pretty positive about it. I don't think he'd bullshit us.

Maryland closely following Ohio every step of the way. Another very well-liked Republican governor. Maryland will never be red, of course—this guy just tries to do the right things.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom