Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

According to an incident report filed by Glynn County police, Arbery was shot Feb. 23 after two men spotted him running in their neighborhood and armed themselves with guns before getting in a truck to pursue him. Gregory McMichael told police that he and his adult son thought the young man matched someone caught on a security camera committing a recent break-in in the neighborhood.

These guys weren't even arrested

I am so disillusioned with this fucking place.

According to an incident report filed by Glynn County police, Arbery was shot Feb. 23 after two men spotted him running in their neighborhood and armed themselves with guns before getting in a truck to pursue him. Gregory McMichael told police that he and his adult son thought the young man matched someone caught on a security camera committing a recent break-in in the neighborhood.

These guys weren't even arrested

I am so disillusioned with this fucking place.

Holy shit. What the fuck

I used to hate comparisons like this, but we are well on our way to Nazi Germany.

There will be Freikorps. I have no doubt of that. Especially if Trump loses.

I'm out of here anyway (if I don't die from covid first). Hopefully wherever I go doesn't get nuked by the US.

Reactions: aiw
If Trump is back, I'm joining you. They accept 8 non-EU trained MDs at the American Hospital of Paris. Only 7 on staff at the moment.

Looking into teaching English in South Korea unless Kim Jong-Un's sister is in charge of NK and decides to go to war with them. Spain or Italy are also an option. I have some connects in both. Maybe they'll be so depopulated by coronavirus that they'll be eager to have me.

Reactions: aiw
Friend lives in Rome. And my stepmom's sister has a second apartment in Valencia (her husband is rich). Both sound all right to me.

Do it now (once they open). No need to wait for November. If I was unencumbered, I'd do it in a second.

Yeah, only thing stopping me is a passport and the availability of international flights. So it will probably be a couple months before I can do it. Passport processing is extremely slow right now unless you have a verifiable emergency. Wish I had gotten a new one last year.

From the legal perspective in the Arbery case, I can’t possibly see how stand your ground applies here. By their own admissions, the two country bumpkins followed him while he was running down the street. It doesn’t matter if he matched the description of a recent burglary. There was no crime in progress. They confronted a stranger while armed.
It was a perfectly normal reaction for Arbery to fight back considering the circumstances thinking he was about to get murdered. He grabs the gun thinking he’s fighting for his life and gets shot. In no way should stand your ground apply here. These two vigilantes took the law into their own hands and should be in prison for murder. Obviously Georgia has its own ass backwards law, we were talking about this at work yesterday and everyone was in unanimous agreement that is no way a Justified shooting

That’s always been the confusing part to me about stand your ground laws. Seems like you can instigate a situation and then claim you had to stand your ground after the other person reacts to your foolishness (see: Zimmerman, George).

The vigilante shit has to stop. What kind of crazy, psychotic civilian grabs his guns to chase after someone who matches a burglar’s description? Take the fucking guns away. Zero chance these idiots confront the “suspect” without guns. Man finishes his jog, everyone lives.

"What kind of crazy, psychotic civilian"

The kind who has always wanted to kill a black person and knows the law will probably be on his side?

From the legal perspective in the Arbery case, I can’t possibly see how stand your ground applies here. By their own admissions, the two country bumpkins followed him while he was running down the street. It doesn’t matter if he matched the description of a recent burglary. There was no crime in progress. They confronted a stranger while armed.
It was a perfectly normal reaction for Arbery to fight back considering the circumstances thinking he was about to get murdered. He grabs the gun thinking he’s fighting for his life and gets shot. In no way should stand your ground apply here. These two vigilantes took the law into their own hands and should be in prison for murder. Obviously Georgia has its own ass backwards law, we were talking about this at work yesterday and everyone was in unanimous agreement that is no way a Justified shooting

Yeah the video makes it pretty clear that this is just straight up murder. They had the street blocked off like it was a fucking checkpoint in Baghdad.

Fucking disgusting. No surprise one of the guys was a retired pig.

hmmm, reason to suspect that someone committed a crime = right to hunt them down and execute them as a vigilante - not sure that this is a precedent that these two fellows want others to follow...

- they should definitely go to prison and 100% (50% if married) of their assets should go to the estate of the innocent man that they murdered - it wont be nearly enough to compensate for what they stole, but its all the have to give.

(curious about the source of the video - did this occur in the field of some random gas station surveillance camera?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom