Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

Whoever saw the video and decided not to arrest them should probably be sent to prison too.

I think the prosecutor who decided not to was friends with the father who had worked in the DAs office. They cited some Georgia Citizens arrest law they have too. Citizens arrest is never a good idea

The DA pro tempore could easily arrest them. They haven't done it.

The video was from a cellphone from another car that was likely involved in the chase as well. You can hear the videographer chamber a shell into his own shotgun.

The shooter was a former police officer who had then worked as an investigator for the Glynn County DA, which is why the DA chose not to charge him on the grounds that it was likely a lawful citizens' arrest.

After the video came out, the DA decided to recuse herself, and the DA pro tempore has not charged them, although he stated that he would show the evidence to a grand jury to decide whether to charge them. However, because of Georgia's judicial emergency order that has been in place from March 13th, there can be no grand jury empaneled at least until June 12th. Meanwhile those two scumbags have all the time in the world to coordinate their stories, clean/destroy evidence, travel freely, and continue to live their lives to the fullest.

Yeah they could arrest them but I’m pretty sure they will make bail pretty easily without an indictment. It doesn’t really make sense to arrest them right now without an indictment. An indictment ups the ante as far as bail and much better chance of getting them remanded into custody.

So this just showed up in my local news. It appears we've truly gone back those idyllic days of 1950's Americana. This needs to be shared with the entire country.

Armed White Mob Terrorizes Black Mother and Son

Lea says when Dameon answered the door, the group demanded to know information about a young missing girl. The group was apparently looking for an individual named Josiah, who lived next door to the Shepards but left that neighborhood a month earlier. Lea says Dameon identified himself by name several times, but the group continued to press for information that he did not have.
Among the people on the Shepard’s porch demanding answers was a person carrying an assault weapon and another with a shotgun, Lea wrote in the letter. Also part of the group was an off-duty member of the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office. Lea says Deputy J.T. Kita, who works in the detention division, was in uniform and armed. When Dameon attempted to shut the door after telling the group who he was, Lea says the New Hanover County deputy stuck his foot in the door and demanded to come inside.
Ms. Shepard woke up during this commotion and also tried to get the group to leave her property, indicating the person they were looking for did not live there. Once again, according to Lea, the group continued to question the Shepards, demanding to come inside. The deputy also blocked Ms. Shepard from closing her door.
"He just said ‘I’m going to step inside, close the door and talk to you guys.’ And I said, ‘no you’re not.’ He had his foot on the threshold of my door, holding the door open and he said it again, he said ‘I’m going to step inside close the door and I’ll talk to you,’ when I said ‘no you’re not.’”
Lea notes during this time in which Dameon was identifying himself, a sign bearing his name and celebrating his pending graduation from Laney High School was also on the front lawn.

All they needed was a burning cross, some white hoods, and a rope.

The replacement DA in the case also had connections with the murderers and said this.

“It appears Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and William Bryan were following in ‘hot pursuit’ of a burglary suspect with solid first-hand probable cause,” Barnhill wrote to a Glynn County police captain in a three-page letter. “Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun [that Travis McMichael was holding], under Georgia law, McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.”

He also prosecuted a black woman (twice) for trying to show someone voting for the first time how the machine worked.

Barnhill’s prosecution of Pearson was part of a larger campaign by then-Secretary of State (and now Governor) Brian Kemp, Georgia’s top elections official, to make vigilance against voter fraud a priority. I was alerted to the case while reporting on voter suppression efforts heading into the 2016 presidential election. Voting rights groups flagged Barnhill’s prosecution as part of an obvious and well-orchestrated attempt to intimidate black voters. After all, Pearson was accused of simply showing a young woman how to use a voting machine, not of influencing her vote.

It was an especially uncommon prosecution: At the time, only 10 of the 154 illegal voter assistance investigations in the previous three years in Georgia had been referred to a prosecutor. Most were closed without a ruling or dismissed. But Barnhill’s office was relentless in pursuing what they saw as an important case, and Pearson’s prosecution spanned two trials and two years.

Abery was shot dead on February 23. The last theft in Brunswick was reported on January 1, when a 9-mm pistol was stolen from an unlocked vehicle outside the McMichaels' home.

I love video. so much better than eye witness testimony.

Last edited:
Ultimately regardless of if Arbery was a suspect in a past crime or not, this never would have happened if these two rednecks didn’t leave their house with 2 guns and confront him. Dial 911. Citizens arrest is one of the worst laws I’ve ever heard of

I mean...

Black Man With Assault Rifle

Jeremiah Thompson, 21, was charged for armed to the terror of the public wearing a mask and hood in a public place.

I imagine he wasn't there for any good reason but the fact that they handed him those specific charges while mobs of white people are walking around doing that shit practically every day is bullshit. A lawyer needs to jump all over this.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom