Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

Very hard to watch. It was clear the guy was dead or dying out there and that guy just kept his knee in his neck.

Coming from a cops perspective that video is hard to watch. Those cops are going to be fired and probably serve jail time. Once a suspect is handcuffed there is zero reason to be putting pressure on anyone’s neck. Putting a knee to someone’s neck is dangerous. The partner should have tried to intervene. From being in a struggle to arrest someone who’s resisting I understand how difficult it can be but there’s no excuse for being that wreck less.

Last edited:
Beyond the obvious issues here, i feel like an underlying cause was the officers’ refusal to acquiesce to the crowd’s requests/demands. It became a struggle of wills that they simply weren’t going to lose, this guy’s life be damned.

As far as I could tell, neither cop so much as glanced down at that dude for the duration of the video. They completely dehumanized him and treated him like a fucking clogged drain or something.

Beyond the obvious issues here, i feel like an underlying cause was the officers’ refusal to acquiesce to the crowd’s requests/demands. It became a struggle of wills that they simply weren’t going to lose, this guy’s life be damned.

Definitely this. "We're police, you can't tell us what to do"

I told a guy on Facebook he was human garbage because he said Kaepernick kneeling offends him more than that video of a cop killing a man. We'll see if I get a Facebook timeout.

Last edited:
I told a guy on Facebook he was human garbage because he said Kaepernick kneeling offends him more than that video of a cop killing a man. We'll see if I get a Facebook timeout.

I feel a little odd even liking your post given the subject matter but I am unequivocally supportive of you delivering that message to whoever the hell would say such a disgusting, stupid thing.

Where were the fucking rubber bullets and tear gas when armed white supremacists stormed the Michigan capitol?

This is where guys like the one I called human garbage get it from. This entire country is founded on white supremacy.

Where were the fucking rubber bullets and tear gas when armed white supremacists stormed the Michigan capitol?

This is where guys like the one I called human garbage get it from. This entire country is founded on white supremacy.

Also, the Michigan yahoos had real guns loaded with real bullets. Police ain't going to mess with that, much safer to fuck with a bunch of people armed with signs and umbrellas.

Yeah, but if the George Floyd protestors had guns would that have protected them from assault? No, they probably would have been gunned down.

Reactions: aiw
It could be a fake account but it seems the officer Derek Chauvin has been posting on instagram. It’s cops like this guy that make the rest of our jobs much harder...

Gen X'ers whine a lot but they really don't have it distinguishably worse than Boomers.

Really though the takeaway seems to be that unless your coming of age coincides with some massive paradigm shift in technology or geopolitical conditions, like the industrial revolution, post-WW2 prosperity boom, or advent of computers/internet, you're going to end up in that sub-20% growth range.

Not sure what's remaining in that regard; all the low hanging fruit has been picked. My guess is Artificial General Intelligence is the last shift to be had, and that has a whole host of associated issues.

Per capita income will skyrocket once the AI culls the 80% of the population that is unnecessary for their purposes...

Fuck yeah. We need to start protesting like the French do, imo, burning shit to the ground when they're pissed at the government. This is pretty tame in comparison.

Gen X'ers whine a lot but they really don't have it distinguishably worse than Boomers.

Really though the takeaway seems to be that unless your coming of age coincides with some massive paradigm shift in technology or geopolitical conditions, like the industrial revolution, post-WW2 prosperity boom, or advent of computers/internet, you're going to end up in that sub-20% growth range.

Not sure what's remaining in that regard; all the low hanging fruit has been picked. My guess is Artificial General Intelligence is the last shift to be had, and that has a whole host of associated issues.

I wonder if Gen Z will end up having it worse than millennials. A lot of them will be entering the workforce right now. Imagine how terrible that would be.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom