Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

Gen X'ers whine a lot but they really don't have it distinguishably worse than Boomers.

Really though the takeaway seems to be that unless your coming of age coincides with some massive paradigm shift in technology or geopolitical conditions, like the industrial revolution, post-WW2 prosperity boom, or advent of computers/internet, you're going to end up in that sub-20% growth range.

Not sure what's remaining in that regard; all the low hanging fruit has been picked. My guess is Artificial General Intelligence is the last shift to be had, and that has a whole host of associated issues.

I wonder if Gen Z will end up having it worse than millennials. A lot of them will be entering the workforce right now. Imagine how terrible that would be.

Ooof. Yea I graduated college in 2008 and it was rough. Probably 5 times worse now.

I was class of '10 and the only paying offer I could get at the time was 45 hours/week for 20k at NBC. Wild ass market.

I knew i'd have a shit job until after I finished grad school anyways so I didn't care. Saved up for tuition working for $16 an hour for three years and I was grateful to have it. In fact when I got my first check, I thought I was rich.

Since I'm fringe Gen X, I could probably be successful by now if I'd gone straight to college and then grad school. I would have finished an MFA around '05. Tenure-track professor jobs were infinitely easier to come by back then.

Finally some good news for Millennials and those coming after them: competition for STEM jobs is about to be drastically reduced.

TEM yes, S can be difficult though. I feel sorry for anyone getting advanced degrees in any kind of biological science, for instance.

He could have just said, "We're reviewing all the evidence." Instead, he's priming that city for more riots.

Not sure why deleted. Hennepin County Attorney saying they are doing a thorough investigation so he doesn't want to say anything, but that there is "other evidence not seen on video that doesn't support criminal charges".

This is where Trump's obsequiousness to dictators has led us. Dictatorial madmen can troll the US and be totally right.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom