Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

I’m guessing the other evidence has to do with M.E.’s report and cause of death.

Maybe, but not the right thing to say right now. He started off saying he had nothing new to say and should have left it at that.

Minneapolis is done for. They are burning and looting the city. The PD gave up the third precinct and moved everything out in preparation for it to be burned to the ground. The prosecutor definitely didn’t help, he should have shut up. Ive been at a protest here all afternoon/night. Things went from peaceful to out of control really quickly. Its gonna be a long long summer at this rate.

Last edited:
Firstly, I am mostly saddened about George Floyd and the ongoing violence (mainly towards people of colour or folks from lower income communities) at the hands of police officers. Like most people, i have close friends in policing and it is a really hard job, physically but especially mentally. I respect the job. But there must be a better way...there are far too many casualties. Not just a USA issue, we have similar problems here, unfortunately. I just dont know what kind of reform would be effective. Different credentials for hiring? Shift in core competencies in the job (example: enhanced tactical communications, conflict resolution, etc.). Some structural change is needed.

Alongside some potential police reform...If crime rates are higher in communities, government should re-evaluate how to resolve this - our society should invest in better education systems which are accessible to marginalized communities. Invest in community centers, parks, etc. so kids have something to do. Provide communities with access to better resources, you can reduce crime rates. I dont think this is a utopian fantasy.

It really hurts to see what is happening in Minneapolis/St.Paul. it is a place that as a late teen/young adult I visited about 15 times, for various reasons. A great city. An awful circumstance right now.

The DAs office released some body cam from one officer. It really doesn’t show much. One thing I’ve never understood is if we are going to have body cameras why heavily redact it before release. If you’re gonna release it to the public show the full circumstances for transparency purposes. The DA’s office is just inept which is making this much worse

Chauvin getting arrested was a day overdue. I see Minneapolis cops locked up a CNN news anchor last night. That department really is just shooting themselves in the foot.

3rd degree murder and manslaughter charges so far.

Apparently, he's also known George Floyd for years as they worked club security together.

Maybe just coincidence but feels like there was more to the story like a personal grudge.

Chauvin getting arrested was a day overdue. I see Minneapolis cops locked up a CNN news anchor last night. That department really is just shooting themselves in the foot.

agreed. Its like they are doubling down on the crazy. What an awful time to be a cop. Its never been an easy or safe job, but this sort of behavior will just make it even more difficult for officers everywhere.

edit for typo

We're allowing Qanon tweets now?

I didn't even notice it was a tweet from someone who supports QAnon (but I am not even sure why that matters given the content of the video in the tweet). But you should you consider actually watching the video. It's just further evidence of how messed up the entire situation is and how horrifically handled this has been in its entirety.

I don't agree with it. It was a tweet that was posted by some fangirl of QAnon, and it was the video of George Floyd being killed with commentary from some guy (that I believe was black) who pointed out that the cops, instead of the EMT, are the ones who loaded Floyd into the ambulance and they didn't even perform any tests on him there.

The reason I was given for the post being removed: "I'm not going to allow peddling of Qanon conspiracy bullshit on this board. This is your one and only warning"

It's not QAnon conspiracy bullshit. It had literally nothing to do with QAnon.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom