Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

I blame this on my wife. She bought me a Jose Reyes shirt, gone that off-season. RA Dickey shirt, gone that off-season. Daniel Murphy world series shirt, gone that off-season. She bought my son, Josh, a Josh Norman shirt this season. Gone.

I wonder if she has a secret Derryck Thornton jersey somewhere.

Such a goddamn shitty move by Gettleman, unless it results in Josh signing a more reasonable long term deal. It's not like all pro corners grow on trees, we seriously couldn't have just kept him for *one* goddamned year with the franchise tag? I swear to god if we're starting McClain next season we're gonna get raped in the ass for it.

Read the press release from gettleman. He wasn't signing long term. He was already threatening not to come to camp. He 3s going to be trouble all year. I understand the move.

He would have eventually signed versus not getting paid at all.

We lose 2-3 more games last year w/o Norman, probably don't get to the SB. If the McClain situation isn't remedied, then this was a goddamn enormously dumb move.

He would have signed this year, but not long term and would have fucked up the locker room. I'm not happy about it, I don't agree but I understand. Gettleman gets some slack.

Lol, the lockerroom? My guess is he would have been on his near best behavior knowing it was a "prove it" year. So Jared Allen says we had a drama free lockeroom last season, but Josh playing on the tag would have been such a cancer it's worth starting McClain instead? I don't buy it.

I know Gettleman has always had a huge ego, you can tell in a lot of the pressers he's given. But if we're getting assfucked on the regular next year by opposing WRs, this will be the first time it has really hurt the team.

Josh Norman is a maniac. He was already being an asshole about having to play under the franchise. I am sure I can find posts of yours from this season about how Norman was going to cost us. 1 year of 29 year old Norman was not worth any chance to gettleman. Apparently, they were willing to sign him at $11 per, but not $16.

As I said, I don't agree with the move, but we'll see what gettleman does.

And the Orthodox Jew makes the move two days before Passover

I know he is/was a maniac, which is why I didn't want him long term unless we could get a really good deal. But 1 year for 1st team all pro corner, I don't give a shit. It all comes down to whether he would "hurt" the team more than starting Robert McClain would, and despite his antics I don't think there's a chance in hell that having Josh Norman on the team would be worse than Robert McClain's midget ass lining up against WRs. That's why I think this was terrible.

I am disappointed to see him let go, but I understand and support the decision, for what it's worth. 29, asking for $16 million.........yeah, no.

Saints making a late push. That would be just fantastic.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

That is an awful contract all things considered, but we still should have paid 13 million for a one year tag deal.

Also, we are apparently playing the 'skins on MNF. Of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a typical skins contract. Will probably get same skins result. Still would have liked him for a year. Panthers could have groomed his replacement. Now, will be thrown right out there.

I'm going to get slightly more anti-semetic each game next year that an opposing player burns McClain

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom