Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

I think we only averaged about 5 draft picks under Gettleman likely due to the salary cap hell issues he had to deal with. Meanwhile, Hurney typically had 8 draft picks. That makes a difference.

I think we only averaged about 5 draft picks under Gettleman likely due to the salary cap hell issues he had to deal with. Meanwhile, Hurney typically had 8 draft picks. That makes a difference.

Self inflicted when he did things like trade a 4th rounder for Andy Lee, or trade up to get Funchess.

Regardless it's not even close. Hurney drafted players with multiple all-PROs, even with non-firsts. Gettleman in probably what, combined 30 picks didn't even come CLOSE to sniffing a player of that caliber. KK is probably the closest, which is sad.

Honestly, the fact that we convinced someone to give us anything for him is good news to me. He was such a massive disappointment that I can't get too upset about this.

Even better for the Texans, Jeremy Lane failed his physical so get a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd round pick next year.

Self inflicted when he did things like trade a 4th rounder for Andy Lee, or trade up to get Funchess.

Regardless it's not even close. Hurney drafted players with multiple all-PROs, even with non-firsts. Gettleman in probably what, combined 30 picks didn't even come CLOSE to sniffing a player of that caliber. KK is probably the closest, which is sad.

This is what you are comparing to judge on All-Pro caliber drafting:

GM #1:
- ~90 draft picks
- Time for all draft picks to reach their career peaks, and for most to play out entirety of career
- 4 top-10 draft picks

GM #2:
- 28 draft picks
- Limited time to reach peak
- 1 top-10 draft pick (who is a rookie)

Come on...

What we have to realize is that an interim GM does not make this move. Hurney is here to stay again.

Besides Bradberry who did you see ever reaching all-pro levels? Come on man.

KK, Trai Turner, & Shaq all could also. Hell, McCaffrey is the best route runner and catcher on the roster. Brady and Belichick would turn him into a better Welker/Edelman. One of my three main points is that it's a little too early to know. You are comparing history to projections.

Eight of Hurney's draft picks became All-Pro. Four of those were selected in the top 10 of the draft. To repeat, Gettleman had one top 10 pick (currently a rookie). He also had 90 tries to find All-Pro compared to 28 tries.

I have way more of a problem with how Gettleman handled Steve Smith, Norman and DeAngelo than his currently underperforming draftees. Anyway, it was Hurney that got rid of the kicker this year, too.

I have way more of a problem with how Gettleman handled Steve Smith, Norman and DeAngelo than his currently underperforming draftees. Anyway, it was Hurney that got rid of the kicker this year, too.

I was fine with DeAngelo. That was a stupid situation caused by Hurney overvaluing the RB position in the rapidly evolving, passing League. Smith hurt the most and still does. The franchise tag for Norman being rescinded was strange and the wrong call.

I think these issues will always be around until Richardson dies. Who knows how some of these decisions are affected by that old man.

The Bills are so weird. The gave away all of their receivers in the offseason because they were basically giving up on Tyrod Taylor and trying to insure his failure. Now that they have a chance to go to the playoffs, they are giving up draft picks to fill up the holes on their roster.
They gave up Woods, Watkins, Goodwin, Hunter, 128 receptions and 11 TD's. That's just the WR corps.

I agree with DeAngelo being done here, it was more of how he handled it (same with the other 2 that I felt they needed to keep). If a FA comes down to similar offers from another team and the Panthers, Gettleman being an asshole could have swayed people (not like the Panthers would offer big money to a non-nepotistic FA anyway).

I'm rapidly approaching my "burn all Panthers gear and stop watching football entirely" inflection point

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom