Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Other Sports

I need a camera person like that to record me playing just track where my ball went because it certainly wouldn't end up on the green.

I assume the first tweet will get deleted so I screencapped it. These were less than 1hr apart. If you don't follow, he is their (very promising) reserve driver and currently doesn't have (never has had) an F1 seat, which are coveted (there are only like 16 of them if you exclude pay drivers, and maybe 1 or 2 open up each year). Savage.

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 3.24.46 PM.png

I've gotten into F1 once I heard there'd be a race in Vegas next year. So I've only been following since May. This seems pretty crazy that A) a team would announce this without talking to their driver and B) the driver is basically saying "hell nah" to driving for them as their #1.

If so that could be tricky, as McLaren is in no position to know the nature of his contract with Alpine, aside from the assurances from his team/agent that he was indeed available and not beholden to any other team for next year already. Seems Alpine disagrees.

I also think that Red Bull could be an option, sticking him on AlphaTauri for a year or two before they kick Perez to the curb and then put a Piastri with Max. Or if Hamilton retires, Mercedes second seat. Most other teams I'd not mess with. Alpine seems to be a shit show now, but they're a factory team with potential vs the bottom half of the field, who are customer/sister teams. It's a better ride than anything aside from Merc/Ferrari/RB, probably roughly equivalent to McLaren long term.

She's such a good looking woman.

Person(s) yelling this trash at her can go to hell. Perhaps a fair punishment for these brave folks would to be placed in a locked room with a Duke athlete who happens to be a person of colour. I'd nominate Theo John for this task.

So the fan that was banned approached the Duke player after the game and his excuse is that he thought it was a BYU player? I scanned the BYU roster photos and I am unsure of which BYU player he could have mistaken the Duke player for. Unless this man is post racial and truly does not see color.

The police officer noted in his report that the players do wear similar uniform colors… um, ok…

Article

Anyone watching the tennis?

2 unreal men's results in the last two nights. Kyrgios upsetting Medvedev and Tianfoe taking out Rafa yesterday.

I quit watching men's tennis a while back because the serve became such a dominant weapon that it became boring. But the last 2 nights brought me back in. I love watching long rallies and clever tennis, and if any of you are interested, the Kyrgios match in particular was awesome.

Watched the first two sets of the Tianfoe/Rafa matchup, regrettably couldn't watch the rest but it has me tuned into the QF-onward for sure. Definitely agree with the assessment on tennis seeming less robotic now. Oddly enough I hadn't really followed for years as well, but tuned in because I happened to watch the Mardy Fish doc yesterday morning.

Never been a huge tennis guy, but I followed the peak Big 3/Murray era with some interest. My desire to watch plummeted after Roger choked the 2019 Wimbledon final away. Just got tired of Nadal/Djokovic racking up slams against weak fields, and COVID also didn’t help. Maybe I’ll get back into it a bit.

Men's tennis is coming back. Alcaraz is a phenom - wouldn't be surprised at all if he won 20+ majors over the next 10 years - and Kyrgios will be a huge, polarizing star if he wins this major. USA has a bunch of shots on goal with emerging young talent. There's a new generation finally ready to take over. Medvedev has no charisma or interesting qualities in his game, so it needed to be other guys.

Women's tennis has been dead to me for a while. No star quality, no individual greatness. Hardly anyone in America can name any of the top 10 players right now.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom