Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Paolo Banchero

Maybe Mark Williams being damn near 7'2" made Paolo look smaller than he was.

The one time I saw Paolo on campus, he was by himself. So I didn't have any frame of comparison. He looked gigantic. But then again, a 6'9" guy also would have looked gigantic walking next to a bunch of normal-sized people.

Jabari at presumptive #1 is confusing to me. Isn't he basically a rich man's Channing Frye, in terms of role? He just seems fairly likely to fall into the Ayton/JJJ max-contract-that-maybe-isn't-worth-it big guy trap, and not all that likely to ever be a first option creator.

Jabari at presumptive #1 is confusing to me. Isn't he basically a rich man's Channing Frye, in terms of role? He just seems fairly likely to fall into the Ayton/JJJ max-contract-that-maybe-isn't-worth-it big guy trap, and not all that likely to ever be a first option creator.
Yeah, I don't get the appeal. He's a better defender than Frye. So he may end up being the ideal role player for a championship team. But we're talking rich man's Mo Bamba here. Someone who can protect the paint and hit threes, not a franchise-altering offensive or defensive force.

Chet clearly has the most upside as an all-around player. I think that's who the #1 pick needs to be. But if you're just looking for engine-of-an-offense upside, that's probably Paolo.

Looking at his tournament vs. regular season stats, the main thing that changed was that he made his threes. Shot 30.6% in the regular season vs. 52.6% in the tournament. Too bad AJ Griffin negated that hot shooting by falling off a cliff.

Tough to get excited about any of our guys this draft after those unc humiliations. Gonna be a while before I can watch Paolo without thinking of those games.
You really are the most joyless human on the planet, aren't you?

When you're too negative for even this message board, you might want to take a look in the mirror.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom