Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

And just think how trivial that moment was compared to basically every sentence that's come out of Trump's mouth. And Hillary's emails.

Also, John Kerry's campaign ended when word got out that he threw away his war medal. Now we have a draft dodger candidate who calls POWs losers being avidly supported by the same people who were outraged by Kerry's action.

Cult of personality indeed.

rome8180 said:
One of the great disappointments of my early voting life was his crash and burn. He was the first presidential candidate I donated money to.

My first true political love was Biden. I will miss him so much.

Carter served in the military, not in the reserves, and was a devout Christian. Out of his presidency, the Republicans became the party of the military and Christianity under Reagan.

LOL

NCCUknow said:
rome8180 said:
One of the great disappointments of my early voting life was his crash and burn. He was the first presidential candidate I donated money to.

My first true political love was Biden. I will miss him so much.
He touched my hand once. It was amazing.

Trump hasn't done or said anything outrageously outlandish in at least 36 hours. I'm worried. But maybe he's saving it all up for Wilmington tomorrow!

2 PM, Trask Coliseum on the campus of UNC-W, Wilmington, NC. I will be there.

Farmer, did you get to hear Trump talk about assassinating Hillary Clinton? What was the crowd like? Roaring?

I learned a lot today.

In person, Rudy Guillani is a lot scarier than you think he is. I worried that his dentures were going to fly out and sever someone's jugular. The saliva spray made me glad I got a bad seat. If you were near the front, you should have brought a tarp.

(random thought: Shouldn't all these "blue collar working-class people" be...at work? They were there for over five hours. Several of them are following the Trump campaign around like Grateful Dead fans. Seriously, the Mexicans aren't taking your jobs, you're giving them to them. Quit bitching and go the fuck back to work.)

If Hillary wins, she's going to double your taxes. Not just increase them or raise them, she's going to straight up double them. You've been warned.

Gun-free zones kill people.

Pat McCrory is a great governor. This was the biggest shocker for me. I'm struggling with the news.

I think I was catching a Magikarp when he said the Second Amendment thing. I caught several Pokemon.
I heard "blah blah blah Second Amendment blah blah blah Hillary Clinton blah blah" and then there was a lot of hooting and yelling. I was impressed that I didn't see a soul I recognized beyond the two people who came with me.

Other than Guillani's mesmerizing spittle rainbows, the only things I paid attention to were the crowd and Diamond and Silk. Diamond and Silk are interesting in that way that bearded ladies, caterpillar men, and other sideshow freaks are interesting. You're drawn to them, and yet repelled, by their very wrongness.

Trump killed the 2nd Amendment. He is the worst thing to ever happen to the Republican Party, rising above the assassination of Lincoln.

Paul Ryan is such a coward. Just claimed he hasn't heard Trump's comments, but that they were probably a joke gone bad.

aiw said:
Paul Ryan is such a coward. Just claimed he hasn't heard Trump's comments, but that they were probably a joke gone bad.

That's the party line now. Every fucked up thing he says is a misunderstood joke. I agree, but in a very different way.

I think there really is a right and wrong in this election, which is crazy since Hillary is in many ways a wrong choice herself. It's just that the other choice is so extremely wrong that Hillary is totally fine by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump going on and on about the Orlando shooter's dad sitting behind Hillary (bad optics) at a rally where Mark Foley is sitting behind Trump. He is really terrible at this and people keep lapping it up. I worry what some of these people will do when Hillary wins.

I couldn't imagine a Republican losing Georgia and South Carolina in 2016 until this guy came along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom