Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

Group wants to line Interstate 40 with Confederate flags

http://southernheritagepreservation.org/

I saw this group up close and personal when I was part of a group that went before City Council to speak out against HB2 and they were there to counter-protest. There's really nothing good I can say about them at all - they have loud voices, so there's that, I guess. They make whatshisname Trump supporter here not too long ago seem like a rational and logical individual.

Hopefully, this move fails miserably. Between HB2 and shitty teacher pay and per-student spending, does this state really need more garbage like this?

Maybe now people will begin to realize Trump is a genius. All along, his plan was to extort a huge amount of cash from the GOP, to go with all the money he'll receive for book deals and speaking engagements after his campaign is over. He wasn't trying to win the election, never was.

The GOP will need to scrape up whatever ungodly amount of money Trump demands, to say the things they need him to say and salvage the down ballot elections. Trump can demand $250 million in a lump sum direct to his offshore accounts and they/big donors would probably find a way to pay it.

The worst candidate in history, because he was trying to be. The best businessman/snake oil salesman in history if he pulls this off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is up by only 6 points in Texas.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... texas.html

Incredible. Clinton won't win Texas this time around, but there is going to be a generation of voters who are anti-Republican after being exposed early in their voting lives to Trump as the Republican figurehead. The Democrats are going to make Texas, Georgia and South Carolina true battlegrounds within 12-20 years - I think this would've eventually happened anyway as the country progressed in social views, but not for another ~40 years. Trump was the catalyst to push the timeline forward and devastate whatever is left of the GOP. And as spineless idiots like Rubio and McCain continue to claim they will vote for Trump despite renouncing his views, they push the timeline even further forward.

Do people realize how fucking incredibly insane it is that Trump just replaced Manafort with the HEAD OF BREITBART!!!!!!!!!

There isn't even a liberal comparison except for maybe putting Jill Stein in charge of the Clinton campaign.

I didn't know until today that he was actually going after Fox News. The GOP candidacy thing is just the vessel.

Scientific American expresses disgust, stops short of flat out endorsing Clinton.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... -alarming/

Scientific American is not in the business of endorsing political candidates. But we do take a stand for science—the most reliable path to objective knowledge the world has seen—and the Enlightenment values that gave rise to it.

The current presidential race, however, is something special. It takes antiscience to previously unexplored terrain. When the major Republican candidate for president has tweeted that global warming is a Chinese plot, threatens to dismantle a climate agreement 20 years in the making and to eliminate an agency that enforces clean air and water regulations, and speaks passionately about a link between vaccines and autism that was utterly discredited years ago, we can only hope that there is nowhere to go but up.

I am in awe of Trump's genius now, with the assumption that he is not in this to win it, but rather to make as much money as possible. If you continue to assume Trump is trying to win the election, then you will continue to believe Trump is a repulsive lunatic, but I honestly don't think he is trying to win at all, and I realize this is not some groundbreaking revelation - many seem to be on board with this thinking now.

He's going to have his own media network after he loses, with 30-35% of the country as fanatical supporters who will ditch Fox News to follow Trump News. Liberals will even tune in from time to time to see how insane Trump News is, just like they tune in now to see the latest Trump developments. He's going to make so much money off all of this. Fox will be left with only the 5-15% of the country who are rational/centrist conservatives. Then it will be a race to the bottom, with Fox becoming even crazier to attract the bulk of the Republican base, who are demented.

As the spiral continues, with conservative media trying to attract the majority of the base, and the base losing followers gradually to the Democrats because of how crazy the rest of the base is, and the crazy majority of conservatives growing as the overall percentage of conservatives in America decreases, the Republican party faces the inevitable conclusion of simply dying out.

Finally, the real question will be whether Trump, in addition to only wanting to make money and not wanting to win the election, also wanted to kill the Republican party. If we can conclude he wanted this all along, he needs to be placed among the greatest minds in history.

Einstein, Mozart, Da Vinci, Dickens, Trump, Roy.

He is going to start a news network. He just doesn't care about the rest.

Today he said he doesn't trust US intelligence and won't rely on it.

Gold, I tell ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, NYT reporting Trump and Kushner quietly looking into acquiring media holdings. It's happening.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom