Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

As someone who wants to make a living researching cancer, I'm fine with there being more political support.

And Jo, I go ahead and change my county to wherever I'm living currently (Harnett last time, now Wake).

From Nate Silver:

Mr. Obama is not a sure thing, by any means. It is a close race. His chances of holding onto his Electoral College lead and converting it into another term are equivalent to the chances of an N.F.L. team winning when it leads by a field goal with three minutes left to play in the fourth quarter. There are plenty of things that could go wrong, and sometimes they will.

79% chance. Exception: Carolina Panthers

aiw said:
Of course they are.
Is that in response to my post and if so, what can I do? I can't get to my registered voting area in time to drop it off whenever it does get here.

JohaadDBC said:
aiw said:
Of course they are.
Is that in response to my post and if so, what can I do? I can't get to my registered voting area in time to drop it off whenever it does get here.

Call the board of elections or w/e and raise hell.

By the way, I did a little experiment when I voted today. I purposefully gave them the wrong apartment number and I was free to vote.

JohaadDBC said:
aiw said:
Of course they are.

My only advice would be to register as an independent next time. If your affiliation is known, and it is in opposition to the party in charge of things like absentee ballots, something like this should be expected.

If it's postmarked by election day, is that OK?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
The Economist endorses Obama.
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/2 ... -which-one?

So this newspaper would stick with the devil it knows, and re-elect him.

"Indeed, the extremism of his party is Mr Romney’s greatest handicap."

Sadly true. I want to be able to vote Republican, in a perfect world, but I'll be 2-0 for the dems after this year.

My hope is that the right will be forced to redefine itself at some point and there will be some sort of "rational conservatism" movement. Not all that hopeful, though.

This may sound weird and disingenuous, but does Mitt Romney seem like he is ADHD in the spot?

aiw said:
My only advice would be to register as an independent next time. If your affiliation is known, and it is in opposition to the party in charge of things like absentee ballots, something like this should be expected.

If it's postmarked by election day, is that OK?
I would have, but we don't have open primaries, so I would be completely out of that part of the election cycle. Why can't I just print out my ballot and send it in myself?

rhfarmer said:
This may sound weird and disingenuous, but does Mitt Romney seem like he is ADHD in the spot?
He gets into those zones where he refuses to be talked over and puts a very off-putting (I wonder if I can convince people that's spelled "off-pudding") face on. It's not a good trait for a politician.

I really like Obama the candidate better than Obama the president. If his administration wasn't so terrible about civil liberties, I'd be voting for him again.

JohaadDBC said:
Gary Johnson for you?
Most likely, either him or Obama (just because he's so damn likeable despite my disagreements with his policy).

JohaadDBC said:
rhfarmer said:
He gets into those zones where he refuses to be talked over and puts a very off-putting (I wonder if I can convince people that's spelled "off-pudding") face on. It's not a good trait for a politician.

That man did say he wasn't sure if Mitt understood Mormonism better than himself. Mind you, the radio interviewer's "information" came from a Stephanopoulos quote. That would certainly rub me the wrong way if someone who is uniformed/misinformed had the gall to say that to me.

I finally got my absentee ballot today. I'm debating about putting two stamps on it just so there's no possible way something could stop it from being delivered.

JohaadDBC said:
I finally got my absentee ballot today. I'm debating about putting two stamps on it just so there's no possible way something could stop it from being delivered.

Just don't do what I did, which is send in your ballot without having a witness sign it.

Rollins said:
JohaadDBC said:

Just don't do what I did, which is send in your ballot without having a witness sign it.
We don't have to do that. We just have to sign and print our name across the flap of the envelope.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom