Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

Re Sanders endorsing Clinton, there's strong reason to believe the DNC would have backed off many of the platform concessions had he withheld his endorsement. That said, I think Trump's tweet comparing it to "Occupy Wall Street endorsing Goldman Sachs" had a measure of truth to it.

But I am fine with it. Sanders moved the needle for how the Democratic party is going to define itself (i.e. - are they going to be as economically liberal as a a Republican in the '70s or are they going to continue being the corporate party with less racist rhetoric than Republicans?). Now that that is achieved, stop Trump.

deepdarkblue said:
It's looking like Donald is going to be trotting Newt out as VP candidate. What a pair, what a country, what a time to be alive.
Now signs pointing to Pence. Gingrich and Sessions histories would be pretty toxic on top of Trump being himself anyway.

Recent polls have not been kind to Hillary. 538 projection has her down to 65% to win, Predictwise down to 71%. This will probably be the worst possible polling time for her, though, given the email scandal, unless she is stupid enough to have an even more harmful issue come up between now and November.

I think Trump at +280 on the betting markets is extremely good value. I think a lot of Americans who aren't saying they're voting for Trump will actually vote for Trump when the time comes. Just need to hide their racism from family and friends for the time being.

I really hope Hillary doesn't pick Warren to be VP. A ton of men will probably reach their breaking point in voting for her if two shouting women are forced down their throats. Just pick some safe dude who delivers you Florida or Ohio.

These are my generic political thoughts. Thanks.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I really hope Hillary doesn't pick Warren to be VP. A ton of men will probably reach their breaking point in voting for her if two shouting women are forced down their throats. Just pick some safe dude who delivers you Florida or Ohio.

If Warren vacates her seat, it'll go to a Republican. It's for that reason I believe the party is strongly urging Clinton to not consider her. I really like Senator Booker from NJ, but same issue there.

Ignoring the politics behind the decision, she should probably go with Kaine or Perez. Those are the two she reportedly knows best and has a connection with. One of the reasons Biden has been so involved in Obama's presidency is that they got along really really well.

I think it'll be Kaine anyways.

Mike Pence sucked when I lived in Indiana, can't believe he's the choice.

Mike Pence, so fucking boring. I guess Trump went with the guy who would take up the smallest amount of his spotlight time.

Newt making last minute VP push saying Muslims in America should be tested if they believe in Sharia. If so, deport.

aiw said:
Newt making last minute VP push saying Muslims in America should be tested if they believe in Sharia. If so, deport.

And how is such a test carried out? Ohhhh, wait, I remember this one: If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood and therefore, she's a witch (now called Sharia).

Or, there's the burning at the stake thing - if she burns, she's not a Sharia/witch.

I guess when I think about it there are really several sound, scientific methods of testing this. Sorry to ever have doubted a Newt (who was turned into one by a witch, btw)

Last edited by a moderator:
aiw said:
And install surveillance in houses of worship.

For a history teacher, he sure isn't well-versed in the Constitution, is he?

Mike Pence, recently named VP candidate, in NYC, eats at Chilis. 'Merica!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom