Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

I don't think Super Deluxe will ever surpass his work in the primaries. I'll be showing my children those to give them a clear picture of how the 2016 race really went down.

NCCUknow said:
I actually feel bad for Melania. Some shit staffer on her husband's circus campaign hung her out to dry with his plagiarism. Zero chance she wrote the speech.

No, I feel bad for the person who discovered the plagiarism. To think, someone is so familiar with past speeches given at political conventions that they were able to spot the copycat so quickly.

DrKlahn said:
NCCUknow said:
I actually feel bad for Melania. Some shit staffer on her husband's circus campaign hung her out to dry with his plagiarism. Zero chance she wrote the speech.

No, I feel bad for the person who discovered the plagiarism. To think, someone is so familiar with past speeches given at political conventions that they were able to spot the copycat so quickly.

Packpride...

Anyway, I am sure there is some lonely person that puts the text of all of these speeches into google.

I love that Trump campaign is deny, deny, deny. Meanwhile, chair of RNC thinks someone needs to be fired.

Really excited to hear Trump's children, Malia and Sasha, speak today in support of their father.

rhfarmer said:
The sad thing is that none of this nonsense is going to matter.
And the plagiarism has overshadowed the rest of last night's narrative. Over and over - fear, throw her in jail, fear, doom and gloom in America, fear, vote Trump, fear, save America.

dkst0426 said:
rhfarmer said:
The sad thing is that none of this nonsense is going to matter.
And the plagiarism has overshadowed the rest of last night's narrative. Over and over - fear, throw her in jail, fear, doom and gloom in America, fear, vote Trump, fear, save America.

And brown people.

Steve King has to be the dumbest person alive. What have "sub-groups" (i.e. - non-whites) contributed to civilization? Oh, I don't know...math, music, irrigation, gunpowder, paper, the compass, pasta, silk, novels, tea, the domestication of animals?

rome8180 said:
Steve King has to be the dumbest person alive. What have "sub-groups" (i.e. - non-whites) contributed to civilization? Oh, I don't know...math, music, irrigation, gunpowder, paper, the compass, pasta, silk, novels, tea, the domestication of animals?

White people are the barbarians at the gate.

Reports emerging that Trump offered Kasich VP and said Kasich would handle all President duties while Trump would be a figurehead.

I would've voted for Trump if Kasich were to have accepted this role.

Can't we just offer him a ceremonial degree type thing and have trump go away?

3) They didn't fire the speechwriter. This will be turned into a "look how great and forgiving a guy Trump is" thing.

If you ever found yourself wondering exactly how out of touch with their constituents mainstream Republicans are, Paul Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Between

1) Trump's speechwriter being a registered Democrat
2) Trump's children not voting in the primary due to not registering as Republicans in time
3) Trump volunteering to give the relatively moderate Kasich full power
4) Melania being a big fan of Michelle Obama
5) Trump being friends with the Clintons, and reportedly calling Bill when he was thinking about running

it's tempting to believe that this is a troll job on a national scale and Trump is actually a closet Democrat. If so, it's amusing to think about him panicking when he sees how great his poll numbers are, and trying to say more and more outrageous things to torpedo his campaign, only to have it endear him to his base more. There are likely several satirical political comedies with this exact plot already.

I think it's simpler than that. He's just a prestige and publicity whore, and no one gets more publicity than the POTUS. Probably some power hunger to it as well, but that would certainly also apply to Hillary and probably a majority of every President elected the last 200 years.

Yeah, I was being tongue in cheek there. I don't really believe it's an elaborate conspiracy arranged by Bill to pave the way for his wife (though it would be the most brilliant move in political history).

I think you're right. He's treating it like a reality show and it's working. Because people = dumb.

The willingness of Trump to delegate all practical decisionmaking authority to his family and other fairly sane people makes me want to vote for him. I'm not against a figurehead President who just bullies other nations with his stubbornness and belief that he is always right, as long as the people pulling the strings have decent political views and intelligence. I like his kids. Ivanka could easily win this election herself if she were running against Hillary and of age.

If Trump came right out and announced that his kids will be making all the important calls and he'll keep running his businesses, I think his poll numbers would skyrocket.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom