Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

7/27 offensive/defensive splits. Still a long way from the vaunted 30+ adjusted efficiency margin. But the splits are getting closer to what I was hoping for.

Just need to stop playing Flip ball. Not saying that he shouldn't still have 25%+ usage. Just that the postups need to be drastically reduced. Flip in the short roll, please. Pick and pops are okay too if he ever starts consistently making jumpers.

Our guards are great right now. I said at the beginning of the season that we should have the best backcourt in the country and it's trending in that direction.

Our guards are great right now. I said at the beginning of the season that we should have the best backcourt in the country and it's trending in that direction.
4th of 363 teams in turnover % is pretty nice.

And Roach/Proctor/McCain now at 82/87/88 FT%. Caleb's not there yet, but 4-4 tonight for him in a huge game is nice too.

I am still annoyed that we were up 75-62 with 1:19 left. Could have had an even bigger Kenpom bump.

Of course we fall to 9/30 the very next day. Not sure which asshole former opponent played like shit.

It's kind of weird how Kenpom and Barttorvik are have so different opinions on Duke and MSU.
Duke is 9th and MSU 17th on Kenpom.
Barrtorvik has MSU 5th and Duke 19th.
How can two efficiency based systems be so different on them, when they have played each other. Is it just because of different pre-season projections?

I have a feeling ND is going to do this to every opponent for the rest of the year. That's three in a row, right? I still think we have a top 5 offense by the year's end.

Current Adj. DE of 93.9 matches our final number from last season (good for 16th last year, 15th at this moment).

Offense obviously leagues better this year (like 6 points per 100 possessions).

Duke is on track to be underseeded by 2 lines, probably ending up as the 4-seed none of the 1s want in their bracket. 1 Kansas vs. 4 Duke would be disgusting but an obvious outcome - Duke would be favored significantly in that game. There might actually be an 8/9 who is favored over Kansas.

Destiny still well in Scheyer’s hands, though - win out or limit the damage to 1-2 more losses in the regular season and they’re likely a 1.

Oddly, Duke’s worst team stat by far is offensive block%. Don’t understand why this team gets blocked so much. Might be a bit fluky, and if there is some regression, it should be pretty impactful - blocks turn into fouls and free throws instead.

The Tech loss brought to you by Mark Mitchell's immaturity is the gift that keeps on giving, a sore thumb Q3 loss (three spots out from becoming Q2 at least). Arkansas bad too but that will at least remain Q2 for the rest of the season most likely.

UNC has 4 Q1 wins, we have 3, so the H2H games almost certainly determine both who wins the conference and who gets the 2 seed.

Damnit, the GT loss and Cuse win were both Q2 when I checked yesterday. (At least on the site I’m looking at) Cuse is currently #76 in NET. If they were literally one spot higher, that home win climbs to Q2. That’s how stupid the quad system is.

The GT game was such a horrible and baffling outlier. Second worst loss in recent memory after 2021 Miami, but that was a trash Duke team.

That’s yet another stupid thing about the quad system. Duke’s starting PG got injured early in that game at GT. It probably doesn’t go that way if Duke didn’t have to unexpectedly throw Foster into full-time PG duties.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom