Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

I fixed it this morning in balmy, Michigan summeresque 20 degree conditions. My pipes just unfroze about 5 minutes ago, and no leaks so far.

But I'm highly paranoid right now.

If this forecast comes through, I'll be sleeping at the hospital tonight. FUCK!

8-12"? LOL

That's a lot of snow. We're expecting 1-2 inches today of snow so hopefully it's less and not more.

aiw said:
If this forecast comes through, I'll be sleeping at the hospital tonight. FUCK!

8-12"? LOL
Maternity ward will be busy come November.

Alamance County is now under the "Substantial snowfall" window, 8+ inches. Made it to the grocery store early today, and thankfully it was still pretty well-stocked. Hearing from some friends that it's a zoo out there at the stores now.

Today is the 6th snow day we've had in the past 2 weeks, with the next 2 likely as well. There are 3 built-in makeup days left on the calendar. Yippee.

My dentist appointment today was the most painful experience of my life. I declined the numbing agent when offered. Bad move.

Lol. I had a similar experience years ago. The dentist gave me a numbing agent, and then when they came back later and asked if I was numb, I said yes even though I felt everything. I wanted to see what the filling would feel like. I was drenched in sweat when I left that day, and the nerve in my tooth was shot for a couple months.

It was a stupid decision.

So, overtime almost killed me as the snow started pouring down. Couldn't see five feet in front of me driving into the hospital. Thanks, Okafor!

Any idea what the team's travel plans are coming back from Blacksburg?

Took measurement on table in my back yard at 11:45 pm: 1.75 inches.
Took one just now at 1 am: 3.5 inches. :shock:

Ended up with 10" in Bahama. Amazing. Apparently, my kids built a nice Duke snow man.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
aiw said:
Ended up with 10" in Bahama. Amazing. Apparently, my kids built a nice Duke snow man.

The snowman could walk on to the basketball team and improve our defense.

Wouldn't last long in Cameron...

rome8180 said:
White complexion? Unathletic?

Sounds like a typical Dookie.
Fat big man that just stands there with his arms out as guards drive past him? For sure.

It's really striking. There's the I-85 dividing line and then there's the Bahama/roxboro line/onslaught

Posted here because I thought Rome raised a good point in the 2015 CBB thread:

One of the problems up here is that Universities are not being honest with the number of sexual assaults occurring within the student body. Once the problems are acknowledged, more effective support programs can be developed for victims and therefore victims can report without fear of being ignored/dismissed.

It is a situation where the students have had to protest to try to make structural change within the schools, as opposed to the institutions effectively engaging the students.

I also can't ignore that that is a larger societal problem, but I believe post secondary schools need to be more involved in making changes.

I live in a beautiful, beautiful place that is full of nimrods. The latest group think the sweep the OBX is how Obama is going to charge us for the Internet.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom