Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

I was just reading about some random guy in Wichita who just got killed in a swatting incident. Present company excluded, the internet is full of some fucked up people.

Kid should get 10 years assuming he’s really young, or at least whatever that girl got who encouraged her friend to commit suicide.

Kid should get 10 years assuming he’s really young, or at least whatever that girl got who encouraged her friend to commit suicide.

Yeah, supposedly he's under 18. He's pretty well known for doing this in the gaming community, and he's also laid claim to several bomb threats, including one at the FCC's Net Neutrality conference. He posted screenshots of his phone a day before the conference, where he was telling someone he was going to do it, and later posted the news articles after a threat was called in. I would think that one, if true, would be the biggest deal - terrorist threat against a federal agency.
Anyone who does this needs to be dealt with harshly, for the real danger they're putting other people in and the trauma they're causing for those people and their families. So far this has just been mostly confined to the gaming community, but who knows when these assholes will decide it's equally fun to call SWAT in on their neighbors or random people who piss them off in real life.

Most of you know my situation. Here are my 3 options until July because I'm not well off enough to go 6 months without working.

1-Take some out of my 401k, take time off and just train and chill.

2-Crawl back to my old job that is fairly stress free but I hated it.

3-Look for something else that could take days, weeks or months and would probably have to lie about leaving.

I could always live off my parents which one of my brothers did for like 18 months. JK, Id never do that. My dad called me the day I reported and begged me not to go, offered to pay off my student loans. Was a very tough call to make.

I meant hearing him say that stuff was tough. I never considered the offer. I want my parents to retire soon and finally relax. Not worry about paying their kids bills.

If you don’t want to take your dad’s offer, go back to your old job. It’s only for a few more months. Everyone has worked shitty jobs at some point. Do not do #1. Like ever. Until you’re actually retiring.

Yeah, if you have a reliable income option, do that. I would stay as far away as possible from touching retirement assets.

While options like living off parents sound nice, if you’re not doing shit it’s going to be a lot harder to start doing shit again. By that I mean work. Getting through, and out of, a 6 month unemployment period is not easy.

And look for other shit while doing something you hate.

Yeah, if you have a reliable income option, do that. I would stay as far away as possible from touching retirement assets.

While options like living off parents sound nice, if you’re not doing shit it’s going to be a lot harder to start doing shit again. By that I mean work. Getting through, and out of, a 6 month unemployment period is not easy.

And look for other shit while doing something you hate.

If you have a reliable car, try Ubering - you can start tomorrow and if you dont like it you can just turn off the app.

Only took me two hours to put together my IKEA bookshelf. Only dropped the special wrench for the special screws 15 times. The instruction book was not helpful at all.

This is what "getting shit done" looks like. Here in Wilmington, it takes us a month to get a speed bump installed.

Best reply:

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back