Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rosterbation Thread

Hoss can only be used ironically or sarcastically please.

Who's the Tiny Hoss? I vote for Roach next year. Looks like a tough motherfucker.

Difficult to summon any sort of -bation thoughts involving this year's team. It's like jerking off to a JCPenney women's wear sales flier.
Too harsh. It's more like the old Victoria's Secret catalogues where sometimes you could catch a hint of nipple.

In other words, great if you're 12 years old. Not so exciting if you're 35+ and less easily turned on.

Roach 25/Steward 15
AOC 20/Cash 15/Steward 5
Kum 30/Cash 10
Johnson 30/Baker 10
Williams 25/Coleman 15

I know you guys were waiting anxiously for that. Honestly, that front court isn't as bad as I thought once I wrote it out. Yesterdays news that Williams has improved to the point that he's probably a 1 and done, as well as Coleman being 6'8-6'9. Those two should be able to split 40 minutes at the 5 and are the perfect defensive minded bigs we'll need for how much fire power we have.

For the record, I'm with Rome that I don't want a small ball lineup where Johnson is our starting 5. BUT, at 6'8 220, he could provide emergency minutes there when the two bigs are in foul trouble because we know that'll happen. I'd also be on board with Johnson as the "5" in closing minutes with Roach, 2 of Steward/Cash/AOC, Kum and Johnson. Perfect scenario is K finding 1 more big that we can sign and who is ready to play, even if it's for 5-10mpg.

ETA: I'll be excited to see an "older" Duke team the following year.

Roach so
Steward so
Baldwin fr
Baker jr
Coleman so

Williams’ scouting report seems to suggest he’s really good at defense/rebounding/high motor play and that maybe he’s ranked ONLY 30 because he’s just a finisher on offense with no range and limited offensive skills. I think, normally, that’s fine for Duke. That’s what we want our bigs to be anyway.

Only issue is if we are looking at a 3/4/5 group with no shooting ability. In that case you would have preferred a guy like Kessler, who can step out and shoot.

AOC and Baker will be critically important IMO. At least one of them will need to be ready to play major minutes.

Reactions: TBC
Alright, so someone who's better than I at this stuff, lay out 2020-21 with Hurt and Moore coming back. Do we even have the scholarships to make our recruiting class work?

I only see Stanley and Carey as possible OAD's, and even Stanley is borderline, IMO.

Alright, so someone who's better than I at this stuff, lay out 2020-21 with Hurt and Moore coming back. Do we even have the scholarships to make our recruiting class work?

I only see Stanley and Carey as possible OAD's, and even Stanley is borderline, IMO.

Yes, certainly. That would be 5 returnees (JGold, O'Connell, Baker, Moore, Hurt) and 6 freshmen. Mike Buckmire could keep his scholarship he got offered this year, and there's still one more spot available.

If that's how it goes down, we kind of have to go with a main lineup of Tre-Steward-Moore-Hurt-Johnson, don't we? I don't know who gets the short straw and has to guard the 5, if so. Maybe we go with a more aggressive press or something.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Coleman's muscle and Williams's length off the bench than expecting them to combine for close to 40 minutes as the "big" in our lineup. I just don't think either is going to be all that ready as a freshman.

Yeah, we'd have to lean into an offense-first frontcourt, I think. If I could pick, I'd have Stanley and Moore come back. Tre and Hurt create significant issues for our rotation.

Yeah, we'd have to lean into an offense-first frontcourt, I think. If I could pick, I'd have Stanley and Moore come back. Tre and Hurt create significant issues for our rotation.

So your saying you would rather have a freshman point guard in Roach over a junior Tre?

I don't disagree that I would like to have Stanley and Moore back(Stanley unlikely) - but picking Roach over Tre is a bit absurd.

So your saying you would rather have a freshman point guard in Roach over a junior Tre?

I don't disagree that I would like to have Stanley and Moore back(Stanley unlikely) - but picking Roach over Tre is a bit absurd.
Because I think Roach would decommit and I also think Roach is a multi-year player wherever he goes. So I feel you get more value over the long run that way.

Also, I want Tre to go pro for his own sake.

Not to mention that I want Johnson handling the ball as much as possible. That won't happen with Tre here.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom