Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rosterbation Thread

Not to mention that I want Johnson handling the ball as much as possible. That won't happen with Tre here.
If Johnson is a great ball handler, it would be interesting having him, Moore, Goldy and Roach/Tre all being solid ball handlers on the same squad. I like the flexibility that it provides.

The more players that we have that can create off the dribble, the better. Would be nice to have some shooting as well, but why would a great shooter play at Big Man U?

I guess we could run an ultra-small, 5-out, dribble-drive-oriented lineup of Roach-Tre-Goldie-Moore-Johnson at times.

Johnson at the 5 may not be terrible. Good rebounder and will be a nightmare matchup on other end.

Sub Baker for Goldy and play him at the 4

I think it will be hard to keep Coleman off the floor for any team that values rebounds. So, probably won't play.

So, the roster indicates Robinson as a grad student, and Buckmire as a junior.

Does either Worthington or Savarino have a scholarship?

I have no desire to beat my meat to a roster that will be poorly managed and coached while ultimately being destined to the historical trash bin known as the first weekend exit.

I don't care one iota if Jalen Johnson were a literal Monstar. K would fuck it up with a precision unknown to humanity.

Unless everyone returns, next year is just gonna be the same ol shit where the Elite 8 is our ceiling.

Jeremy Roach, Jordan Goldwire
D.J. Steward, Alex O'Connell
Wendell Moore, Jaemyn Brakefield, Joey Baker
Jalen Johnson, Henry Coleman
Matthew Hurt, Mark Williams

Top 5 team on paper. Fringe top 25 team with K factored in.

We probably have someone transfer. 11 seems 1 too many.

I know D.J. Steward is good. I think Jalen is. The rest- who knows what we'll get.

2021-22 team

G: Jeremy Roach, D.J. Steward, Andrew Nembhard, 1 of Trevor Keels or Max Christie
F: Adrian Griffin Jr, Patrick Baldwin Jr, Jaemyn Brakefield, Joey Baker
Bigs: Mark Williams, Henry Coleman, another big (grad transfer or Charles Bediako)

This team might be decent if it comes to pass.

2021-22 team

G: Jeremy Roach, D.J. Steward, Andrew Nembhard, 1 of Trevor Keels or Max Christie
Bigs: Mark Williams, Henry Coleman, another big (grad transfer or Charles Bediako)

I went conservative with that post and much to my gleeful shock, we will likely have a roster much better than that.

Assuming Moore, Hurt, Johnson, Brakefield, Goldwire, and Tape are gone for various reasons:

G: Roach (32), Steward (8)
G: Steward (24), Keels (16)
F: Griffin (32), Baldwin (8)
F: Baldwin (24), Banchero (16)
C: Banchero (16), Williams (16), Coleman (8)

Baker gets Jack White minutes when we're up big.

That is simply an incredible rotation.

2021-22 team

I went conservative with that post and much to my gleeful shock, we will likely have a roster much better than that.

Assuming Moore, Hurt, Johnson, Brakefield, Goldwire, and Tape are gone for various reasons:

I agree with most of this - but Keels is not gonna come to duke for 16 mins a game in my opinion.

2021-22 team

I agree with most of this - but Keels is not gonna come to duke for 16 mins a game in my opinion.

As of right now I don't think Keels is a one and done guy. I'm on record as loving Keels' game and preferring him over Max Christie, but Keels comes across to me as a multi-year guy that will be productive as a freshman. 15-16 minutes is in line with what I would expect from Keels if Steward returns.

Speaking of Steward, I'm very high on him because of his reputation as an excellent shooter. However, he's definitely undersized, and most importantly, he's very slight of frame. It's entirely possible that Steward d will be an ideal 6th man off the bench that plays 20+ minutes and serves a multi-purposed role of scoring in spurts and handling the ball. After starting 32/33 games as a freshman, Scheyer averaged 28mpg as a 6th man in his sophomore season averaging 11.7, 4 rebounds, and 2.4 assists on 39% from 3 and 89% from FT line.

I'm not claiming Steward will be like Scheyer, but there are some similarities in that both enter college with the reputation of being excellent shooters, while also possessing the ability to play a combo guard role. To me, Steward is absolutely a multi-year player unless he transfers, but not an average joe multi-year guy like O'Connell. He's a guy that will contribute as a freshman in a well-defined role and continue to do it each year he's at Duke. I also think that Steward will become the point guard if Roach goes one and done because he either balled out or is in rolling the dice on cashing out because of his knee issues.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom