Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I'm both happy and sad that I can rewatch the first two seasons of Silicon Valley in two days.

Both times I watched Silicon Valley it was after the seasons had ended and I knock both out within a day or so. It's going to be difficult to be satisfied watching a 30 minute episode once a week for 8 weeks.

skins said:
Both times I watched Silicon Valley it was after the seasons had ended and I knock both out within a day or so. It's going to be difficult to be satisfied watching a 30 minute episode once a week for 8 weeks.

I basically can't stand to do this with any show anymore. How did we live like that?

The benefit to being late to so many shows is that I've been able to avoid that plight. The rise of Netflix and their increasingly good original content dumps certainly helps though.

Besides Game of Thrones, I only watch shows in 3 ways: 1.) at the end of each season I'll binge. 2.) When the show is finished, I'll binge the whole thing, and 3.) If there is a show everyone just doesn't stop talking about, and it's heading into it's final season, I'll binge watch every season just in time for the final season to start, and then watch week to week finish it. I did #3 with Breaking Bad.

The reason why I watch Game of Thrones week to week is because the world is large, there are so many characters, and the discussions I read/partake in online between each week are great and entertaining.

I know everyone loves Better Call Saul, and I know I'm going to love it, but I'm just going to wait until it's finished to watch it all in 1-2 weeks. Same thing with Fargo.

Really enjoyed Silicon Valley tonight. Did they drop a new Run The Jewels song in the end credits?

I see a lot of people seem disappointed by GoT this week, a universal "meh", but I thought it was quite good. I mean, it's the first show of the season so I wasn't expecting Jon to rise from the dead, the White Walkers to pass the wall, and all of the dragons to swoop down on them and blast them to ash. These things do take time. Meanwhile, I thought this episode did a fine job of setting things up for the season while going ahead and getting in a couple of murders to get things going.

skins said:
Really enjoyed Silicon Valley tonight. Did they drop a new Run The Jewels song in the end credits?
I liked the song, whatever it was.

The episode was a little overly dramatic and setup-based for my tastes, but like deepdark was saying about GoT, I took that as a necessary element of it being the first episode of the season.

Found it. The song is "Nobody Speak" by Run the Jewels which will be featured on DJ Shadows new album. I'm pretty much a RTJ fanboy and I think they've been featured in other episodes too. I love the music in the show and the use of Tobacco/BMSR is really cool.

Game of Thrones

Overall, I thought the episode was pretty basic. They had a lot of storylines to connect which really only allowed for short scenes of each. Jon is dead but probably salvageable by Melisandre if she never takes the choker off again. Cersei and Jamie are in fuck you mode now which will at least be fun and at best start a holy war. Arya is blind and still someone. Sansa seems safe for now but going to Castle Black isn't exactly going to make things easier on her. Tyrion is kinda fucked unless he can get out of Meereen or Daenerys comes back. Khaleesi is also kinda fucked for a few episodes unless two sellswords can overcome a dothraki hoard and steal her away and/or drogon stops by.

But seriously, fuck Dorne. This whole plotline was set up, in the books, as Doran Martell being the ultimate plotter with a plan to steal Westeros on multiple fronts. Now, he's dead and Ellaria thinks she's just going to strut into Kings Landing and stab the Lannisters. Such a fucking waste of excellent characters.

Bran is back next week and, presumably, the Greyjoys with their Kingsmoot. One day, we'll find Rickon. One day.

I thought GoT was good Sunday night. We touched based with every single character except for Bran. It was needed, as Season 5 ended with a lot of questions, and episode 1 answered all of them, and it also set the table for the rest of the season.

This season of New Girl has been incredible. The rare show that gets much better without any romantic plot or any other serious storyline.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom