Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I am only two episodes in and I've already decided that The Expanse is one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever. It has a level of scientific realism and detail I've never seen in anything else, and the characters and the politics are pretty damn good too.

rome8180 said:
I am only two episodes in and I've already decided that The Expanse is one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever. It has a level of scientific realism and detail I've never seen in anything else, and the characters and the politics are pretty damn good too.

What network?

Also, just turned my wife onto Blade Runner, such a good movie.

On Syfy. I believe the first season is already completed. I want as many people as possible to watch it, because I'm nervous that it is too good to catch on. It's based on a good series of books by coauthors who use a single name, which of course endears it to me.

Blade Runner is one of my all-time favorite movies. The set design in that movie should be a model for all future sci-fi.

I will have to check out it after I finish "daredevil" season 2.

I've enjoyed Daredevil so far, but I've mostly been watching it while waiting for new episodes of The Expanse.

Finished season 5 of Game of Thrones, caught up now.

I'm not sure what the payoff for all this sadness will be now. The only universally hated character left is the Sulaimon-like rapist and skinner/mutilator of the living. The walk of shame woman has become sympathetic due to being directly opposed by religious fanatics. I think the dwarf is as close as it gets to a universally liked character. The blonde who no longer shows her boobs is getting annoying after being a hero. I would've thought the pretty guy was completely 100% dead if I hadn't read stuff online. I assume the end game is the older freckled daughter becoming queen and being happy, just before her little sister brutally kills everyone to take the throne.

I don't know how to spell any of the characters' names.

rome8180 said:
I've enjoyed Daredevil so far, but I've mostly been watching it while waiting for new episodes of The Expanse.

The dialog kept taking me out of it, and i'm not one of those pretentious wannabe critic douchebags that usually says that. It was so incredibly repetitive. If I had to hear "my city" one more time...

I've watched about eight episodes now and I've enjoyed it more than the first season. It has more interesting character moments, and I love the guy who played The Punisher.

I agree that the dialogue is weak. But what really bores me are the fights. It feels like the second season has had fewer, but I could be imagining that.

Overall, it's a really good comic book adaptation. But I've come to realize that superhero stuff just isn't my thing.

rome8180 said:
Overall, it's a really good comic book adaptation. But I've come to realize that superhero stuff just isn't my thing.

Agent Carter is pretty good, but it's also a bit different from the norm.

deepdarkblue said:
rome8180 said:

Agent Carter is pretty good, but it's also a bit different from the norm.
And Supergirl and Flash was just plain fun.

skins said:
Supergirl looks so incredibly lame.
It's brain candy. And Melissa Benoist is the eye candy. I'm not watching it for any reason other than light entertainment on a Monday night. Not looking for anything particularly deep or profound. That's what Better Call Saul is for on Mondays :) Plus, hey, Melissa Benoist is damned fine.

thewiseben said:
Anyone else watching Terrible Time Traveling James Franco?

I quit after the second episode, and I wanted to like it because of the book.

[tag]deepdarkblue[/tag], have you watched Appropriate Adult? It's a two-part "series" on Netflix. It stars Dominic West and Emily Watson. I've only watched the first episode, but it's very good and very disturbing. I didn't quite realize how good an actor Dominic West was before.

Haven't seen it but I'm familiar with the West's story. Yeah, that should be extremely disturbing, Fred West was a classic psychopath.

I'm between Netflix subscriptions atm, planning on waiting until July, when "Stranger Things" comes out.

Dominic West plays Fred "No Relation" West exactly the way you should play a psychopath. He's charming and personable and exhibits almost total disconnect from the moral reality of his crimes.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom