Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

MrAntHux said:
deepdarkblue said:
Iron Fist is Netflix's worst Marvel effort to date. The fight scenes, which are supposed to be a crucial part of the series, are painfully bad. Like, high school drama class kind of bad.
The production for the show was rushed so Finn Jones (Danny rand) only had around 20-30 minutes to learn his fight scenes. Hopefully the fight scenes in the upcoming Defenders series are a lot better.
It's a shame his acting mirrors his fight scene preparation.

It annoys me that "Versailles" season 2 won't be out in the U.S. until fall 2017 but it's airing now in France. I haven't been able to find a torrent yet after searching for a half hour. It airs on BBC2 next month so hopefully I'll be able to find it worst case then but hopefully sooner. I'm obsessed with this show.

DukeNukem05 said:
MrAntHux said:
deepdarkblue said:
Iron Fist is Netflix's worst Marvel effort to date. The fight scenes, which are supposed to be a crucial part of the series, are painfully bad. Like, high school drama class kind of bad.
The production for the show was rushed so Finn Jones (Danny rand) only had around 20-30 minutes to learn his fight scenes. Hopefully the fight scenes in the upcoming Defenders series are a lot better.
It's a shame his acting mirrors his fight scene preparation.

Yeah, the acting is as bad as something from 70's-80's network comedies. There are a few legit actors scattered among the cast, I don't include Finn Jones in that group.

I've been watching this new John Lithgow show Trial and Error. Hilarious! It is shot very much like Parks and Rec but I laugh as much as I did during the first season of New Girl.

Hmmm I need to give it a shot. My dad recommended it to me, so I assumed it probably wasn't really funny. I like Lithgow.

I must continue singing my praises for Legion. This week was extra special for me, when they included Breathe by Pink Floyd in the soundtrack - actual original Pink Floyd and not some elevator music cover band shit. It was perfect.

As far as the plot line, still not sure exactly what the fuck is going on, don't care.

Also, I want one of those belted 70's leisure suits like Oliver wears.

Aubrey Plaza is perfect in her role. She and Jemaine have like just the right amount of screen time to keep their characters weird as fuck.

April looks like a good TV month - Better Call Saul, Fargo, Fortitude, Bosch returning, The Son (based on the Philipp Meyer novel), Guerrilla (with Idris Elba, Freida Pinto) and American Gods premiere. Much better than watching UNC win a national title.

Pretty hooked on 13 Reasons Why. Structurally a bit tedious, but very interesting social commentary. Wouldn't recommend if you don't like Young Adult narratives. Feels somewhat like Veronica Mars to me.

I hope that was the final episode of New Girl. They won't have a better one. Great series.

These are the shows that resonate most with me for each stage of life:

Childhood - The Wonder Years
High School - Freaks and Geeks
College - none
20-something - The Office
30-something - New Girl
Old - Seinfeld

rome8180 said:
Pretty hooked on 13 Reasons Why. Structurally a bit tedious, but very interesting social commentary. Wouldn't recommend if you don't like Young Adult narratives. Feels somewhat like Veronica Mars to me.

Will have to check it out, "Veronica Mars" is one of my all-time favorite shows.

Was able to find episodes 7 and 10 of "Versailles" so will start on episode 7 tonight. Really like it.

Of all the shows I've ever watched, I still relate to "Party Down" the most.

The Expanse on Syfy gets better and better. Has some really hot and interesting women.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I hope that was the final episode of New Girl. They won't have a better one. Great series.

These are the shows that resonate most with me for each stage of life:

Childhood - The Wonder Years
High School - Freaks and Geeks
College - none
20-something - The Office
30-something - New Girl
Old - Seinfeld

Just watched the Seinfeld about the regifting with TIm Whatley, the Ukraine being weak and a menage a trois.

Every single episode of Seinfeld has some relevance to my life. Every one. That show has been gone for 20 years and something will happen every day that makes me refer to it. I think my wife hates me for it.

I'll be at work and someone will say the wrong patient name and I will yell out "Cartwright!" It's getting to the point where I have to explain it, though.

Now the first Mandelbaum episode with the Cubans is on.

The ability to record shows with YouTube adds so much convenience. I have no idea if the other non-cable offshoots provide that but that's a huge selling point.

Yeah, no recording with Sling, unless they recently added it. Sling just has such a perfect selection of channels available, it sucks that they don't do anything else to make it appealing.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom