Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

PlayStation Vue records using your PS hard drive but its iffy. For example, I stupidly tried to record a Duke football game last year and since the program title was "College Football" it proceeded to record EVERY. SINGLE. college football game all season. I have like 500 cfb games on my hard drive.

Finished The Leftovers seasons 1 and 2. Season 1 was a drag, no wonder nobody is watching the show anymore. Season 2 was good. Season 3 is getting great reviews, starts this month. The lead actress will also be the lead actress on Fargo season 3, which I think is also starting soon. Summer TV should be better than fall TV.

The pilot of Legion may have been the most artistic pilot I've ever seen. Its attention to style -- set design, lighting, camera angles -- to create a unique world was almost on the level of a Kubrick or a Wes Anderson. As for the writing, I really appreciated the lack of explication or dumbing down. They assumed the audience was smart enough to figure out some pretty intricate stuff.

I worry that I will eventually get annoyed with the actual story though.

Five episodes into Legion and still loving it. The story is almost beside the point to me. I like how little has "happened" and how much of it occurs inside the main characters' mind. I am still in it for the style and weirdness. Every shot is a masterpiece.

I can't find any part of Legion that I don't enjoy or that I don't think is well done. It was hyped before it premiered as the best comic book-to-TV adaptation ever, so I approached it with a great deal of skepticism, but I think they got this one right. Season One was a masterpiece of the genre.

Bought into the hype and watched "13 reasons why". Jesus that was rough, I need to go do something manly now.

MrAntHux said:
Bought into the hype and watched "13 reasons why". Jesus that was rough, I need to go do something manly now.

Yep, great show but damn it's brutal. Feel like it should be mandatory viewing for everyone as it's so powerful and well done.

Definitely made me think of all the terrible elements of high school -- the rumor-mongering, the casual cruelty, etc.

Better Call Saul:

Turned into a Breaking Bad fan club show. Enjoying it. Chuck's death better be perfect. Don't know why I spoiler tagged this.

rhfarmer said:
I find myself oddly addicted to Family Feud.

steve harvey is casting some form of hypnosis. he's also charming as hell despite all accounts pointing to him being a pos

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Better Call Saul:

Turned into a Breaking Bad fan club show. Enjoying it. Chuck's death better be perfect. Don't know why I spoiler tagged this.

Everything about Los Pollos Hermanos and Jimmy's surveillance attempt was perfect.

It was shocking. The champs are not showing up this time around. The format of this season is terrible.

I couldn't believe it. Laurel should be done with the show now. No more aura around her.

No new stars were made this season. Disappointing. I guess Amanda has the most upside as a ratings generator for them. Hatable/lovable and good looking. They're in a tough transition phase with all the old people getting to be too old and uninteresting.

I agree about Laurel. The show made her look very insecure and it was kinda sad. You're spot on with the old people being uninteresting. I understand why CT and Darrell act like they do, because they're grown ups with kids.

None of the young people bring the charisma of the older stars. Cory and Amanda have charisma, but Cory is dumb as a bag of rocks, and Amanda is obnoxiously shallow. I understand they're all shallow since they're on an MTV reality show, but she is awful. They need to bring back Road Rules to try and find a different type of competitor.

Sidenote: I was working at the Crossfit Games last summer and saw Kenny. He looked like a giant, but his bio says he's only 6'1". Guess I was having a particularly short day.

Tony was capable of being their top long-term guy attraction, but he has two kids now with two different women he's not going to marry, so it's more sad than entertaining to watch anything he does.

Jenna is their top girl now, but she's already transitioning to behaving totally respectably on screen, which is great for her life and boring to watch. Her and Leroy could probably carry the show as the generic fan favorites for a few more years.

They need to pay Frank to come back to the show. Him being a OAD on the Challenge was a big loss. If they can create a season where it's basically him against Bananas as leaders, that's probably their best shot at good ratings outside of rerunning Battle of the Exes for the millionth time.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom