Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

IMO, Goldman is working on a Kingsguard spinoff, Helgeland is working on the Dunk and Egg tales, Wray is working on the Blackfyre rebellions, and Borenstein is working on Robert's Rebellion

Last night's episode of Fargo was easily my favorite of the season, and one of my favorites in the show's history. It didn't really forward the story, but that was kind of the point. I liked seeing somewhere non-snowy. And I loved the animated sections. And I really appreciated the theme -- that sometimes police work is just random and things don't add up. That's not something I've seen represented on other shows.

I just watched it and had the exact opposite opinion. I came away thinking, "Will any of that have mattered? Did I just waste an hour?" Like you said, maybe that was the point, but as someone with limited time to watch shows these days, I hope it ties in somehow.

I shared physics' reaction to that episode. Thought they went for too much artistically and disregarded that their audience is still largely into seeing people get murdered and stuff.

For whatever reason, Fargo has never really pushed my buttons and I've watched only grudgingly. I'm watching this season almost exclusively because I like Carrie Coon.

TS9 said:
For whatever reason, Fargo has never really pushed my buttons and I've watched only grudgingly. I'm watching this season almost exclusively because I like Carrie Coon.

Ban

It only does everything better than almost every other show. First season was the best though.

Do you like the Coens?

I watched the first season, then missed the second season altogether. Should I just start watching the new season?

You could without missing anything, but the second season was very good. You should watch it as well.

Yes, I wasn't intending to disparage the second season. It was awesome, but I felt like the humor and characters were best in the first.

rome8180 said:
I simply enjoyed it as a self-contained unit.

I liked it, as well. Having Frances Fisher play present day Vivian Lord while her daughter (Francesca Eastwood) played 70's Vivian Lord was a neat touch.

I can see the events in this episode having significance later in the show. I mean, it's certainly not the first time an episode has taken a seemingly pointless detour that really isn't. And I'm thinking the guy Gloria met on the plane and then in the bar will not just be insignificant.

rome8180 said:
It only does everything better than almost every other show. First season was the best though.

Do you like the Coens?

I love the Coens. One of my guitar cases is adorned with Lebowski stickers. I can't figure out why the show doesn't do it for me.

Interesting. I love them too and I feel the show does a damn good job of preserving their aesthetic and worldview.

BTW, did you like Inside Llewyn Davis? I saw that one a few months ago finally and it is now in my top 3 movies of theirs. I ask because I know you're a musician too.

Speaking of which, TDD band:

TS9 - Guitar
Rome - Bass
Farmer - Bass
Physics - Drums

Okay, two bassists and one guitar is a little unconventional. But that would be our gimmick. Now we just need a band name. Something related to Duke or the forum.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom