Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

This season of Master of None had 3-4 of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. Particularly great were "New York, I Love You" and "Thanksgiving." I tend to prefer the episodes that are self-contained and experiment with form or address a certain topic.

Better Call Saul: Saul Goodman Is Born

I thought this week was another excellent episode. Michael McKean is doing a stellar job as Chuck.

rome8180 said:
This season of Master of None had 3-4 of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. Particularly great were "New York, I Love You" and "Thanksgiving." I tend to prefer the episodes that are self-contained and experiment with form or address a certain topic.

Just watched NY,ILY and I totally agree. It's easily my favorite episode of the show.

DukeNukem05 said:
I assume that's the one that followed a bunch of NYers around. The deaf couple was great.

Can you please stop saying "vagina," my kids know ASL!?

It reminded me of the Jim Jarmusch movie Night on Earth, if anyone's seen that. Or maybe something Woody Allen would do.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Challenge Champs vs. Pros would be awesome without the Champs. Get a bunch of freak athletes with big personalities and good looks, and the Challenge is much better.
Yeah but they need a transition season so people get familiar with the personalities of the Champs for future seasons so t is a better draw.

And holy shit Lolo Jones is annoying as fuck

bdotling said:
Challenge Champs vs. Pros would be awesome without the Champs. Get a bunch of freak athletes with big personalities and good looks, and the Challenge is much better.
Yeah but they need a transition season so people get familiar with the personalities of the Champs for future seasons so t is a better draw.

And holy shit Lolo Jones is annoying as fuck

Lolo Jones is the worst. She took an olympic spot from my friend in the last winter olympics based on her name alone.

"The Leftovers" is such an awesome show. This season has been the best of the entire series, just one fantastic episode after another.

Only two more episodes remaining of "The Leftovers" and I can't wait to see how it ends. This show is so fucking weird but man it's incredible. I cannot recommend this show enough if you have HBO.

My black market portal into HBO Go closed up last summer and I haven't bothered to replace it yet, but I'm jonesing for The Leftovers and Silicon Valley.

In the meantime, I started The Keepers on Netflix over the weekend. Only three episodes in, but that's some pretty dark, wild shit so far. I haven't done much outside research yet to determine how truthful some of the content is. I'll probably do that once I finish the series.

CK86 said:
Only two more episodes remaining of "The Leftovers" and I can't wait to see how it ends. This show is so fucking weird but man it's incredible. I cannot recommend this show enough if you have HBO.

For those who are thinking about watching The Leftovers, I would skip the first season and read a synopsis of it instead. It's a good binge option, since there are only three total seasons. The first season was a drag.

Should I watch the original two seasons of Twin Peaks from back in the 90s? Should I watch the Twin Peaks movie from back in the 90s? I'm definitely going to watch the rebooted version that just started on Showtime.

I watched the first two seasons of it and it's really a weird show. The main mystery drags on for a while then the show goes in a completely different direction after that. It's still the weirdest show I've ever watched and I watch plenty of those types.

When I get my internet back in a few days I'll be getting showtime again to watch the new season.

Yeah, I don't think I ever "got it" with Twin Peaks. It is pretty universally liked as a cult classic, but when I watched it, I only came away thinking, "this is just fucking weird."

Should I watch the original two seasons of Twin Peaks from back in the 90s? Should I watch the Twin Peaks movie from back in the 90s? I'm definitely going to watch the rebooted version that just started on Showtime.

I *think* you should watch at least part of the original series, just so you're clear on who the characters are and what the story line is. And to learn about things like logs and cherry pies. The original show aged very poorly, but hearing things like "There's a call for you on line one. It sounds like it's long distance!" is kind of endearing.

General advice is to watch all of season 1, then watch season 2 up to when the killer is revealed (episode 7, I think?), then skip to the last episode. After that, watch Fire Walk With Me.

There are some really bonkers episodes in season 2. No real reason to watch them if you are just trying to get caught up. The movie is excellent, though - but definitely don't watch it until you've finished the series.

CK86 said:

For those who are thinking about watching The Leftovers, I would skip the first season and read a synopsis of it instead. It's a good binge option, since there are only three total seasons. The first season was a drag.

I enjoyed the first season a lot more the second time I watched it. The character development from season 1 to 3 has really made that first season more interesting. I also enjoyed not knowing what the hell was up with Holy Wayne and found the Guilty Remnant to be an interesting foe.

Season 2 was significantly better than season 1 and season 3 has blown both away. There hasn't been a non-great episode yet. Last Sunday's episode was
one of the best looks at suicide from the point of view of the character who was commiting it. I still can't believe it even though it was set up from the first scene of the episode. It was so haunting though, won't forget it for a while.

I am more emotionally invested in this show than any other aside from "Breaking Bad". It's just spectacular and the music is perfect.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom