Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

First episode of Master of None 2nd season was phenomenal. I thought the black and white was 'perfetto'.

In the second episode after the Arnold meltdown, they go to this little town called Pienza. I was there 5 years ago. It's in Tuscany 10 minutes from Montepulciano and Montalcino, two great places for wine. The town itself is fantastic. 2000 people live there. A pope from the 1300s was from there and I had the best lasagna in my life (3 straight days) from this literal hole in the wall that had 3 tables. The meat was wild boar. We asked for a cheese and meat plate as well and the owner just went and cut hunks off of things and gave it to us. They finished our night by sticking a bottle of limoncello on the table. I want to go back.

Apparently, Deadwood ain't dead yet. Rumors like this have gone around since the show got cancelled, but this seems more solid than most:

http://www.spin.com/2017/05/deadwood-movie-script-hbo/

But following reports last year that HBO was supporting Milch’s efforts to do a Deadwood movie, the show’s star Ian McShane mentioned the prospective film during recent promotional appearances for his new Starz series American Gods last month. McShane claimed, according to TVLine, that “a two-hour movie script has been delivered to HBO…If they don’t deliver [a finished product], blame them.”

...Deadwood co-star W. Earl Brown (a.k.a. Dan Dority) also claimed that the script is done, and apparently circulating among the series’ cast members. Milch had been plugging away at it for at least the past two years, according to Brown.

Big, if true. Recently, the reclusive Milch has also been rumored to be working on a new season of True Detective along with series creator Nic Pizzolatto.

It's hard to say something that is such a parody of itself has aged poorly, unless that kind of irony is itself dated.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I tried the first two episodes of American Gods. Can't do it. Maybe I'm too dumb for it.

I get tired of Fuller's obsession with making every scene about cinematography and mood music. How many scenes of slow motion rainfall do we need to see? Just tell the fucking story.

I read the book, so I know what's going on. I just don't know where this will go after the season ends, because they'll have run through the entire book by then and that'll leave Fuller free to start making up his own shit. Probably be hour long shots of rain storms, slow dripping blood, and a string quartet.

Finally discovered the world of Kodi on my fire stick. Does anyone use this for live sports?

I just finished my 3rd rewatch a few weeks ago. It always holds up. I find myself laughing at jokes I've missed the first few times.

The Ken Burns-style documentary episode, "Pillows and Blankets," is probably my favorite.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but am currently watching downloaded episodes of the show 'Brockmire' from some cable channel called IFC. It stars Hank Azaria, and is fucking hilarious. A more subtle version of Eastbound & Down (though that's clearly not a high hurdle). Give it a try.

rome8180 said:
The Ken Burns-style documentary episode, "Pillows and Blankets," is probably my favorite.

The D&D episode with Fat Neil might be my favorite

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom