Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

rome8180 said:
Stopped watching Better Call Saul after the Season 1 finale. He had a chance to go legit and didn't because of some poorly fleshed out character motivation. I lost all sympathy for him, since it essentially amounted to "but it's more fun to hustle." I thought it would have been better if there was something external that pushed him away from the job.

I vaguely remember having this conversation in the past. From what I recall, I think the start of season two would alleviate some of your concerns so you still may get something out of the show if you give it another shot.

deepdarkblue said:
I don't think you're supposed to be sympathetic towards Jimmy. He's morally corrupt and will use everyone close to him to reach his goals. This is what the show reveals over time - Jimmy is a shitty, loathesome person.
Why would I watch that? I am all about the antihero, but there has to be some "hero" in there. Or to put it another way, I want to empathize with the reasons they are shitty if not their actual shittiness. I wouldn't watch a show where Marlo Stanfield is the main character either.

I enjoy watching the development of all the Breaking Bad characters. Season 3 has been great for that.

Yeah, I find Mike Ehrmantraut sympathetic. Would rather watch a show called Must Dial Mike.

Watch it again, while trying to mentally make it not be about Jimmy. I honestly think it's as much about Mike as it is Jimmy, anyway. With a side of Pollos Hermanos and Nacho.

Before my rewatch I thought Community sort of fell off after Season 3, but I've been pleasantly surprised by how many great episodes were in Seasons 4 and 5. I just finished the "Ass Crack Bandit" one. One of the best, imo.

Yeah. But Season 4 without him is much better than I thought at the time. Some major plot points are handled poorly, but the individual episodes are great. Only truly bad episode is the one with the Germans.

rome8180 said:
Yeah. But Season 4 without him is much better than I thought at the time. Some major plot points are handled poorly, but the individual episodes are great. Only truly bad episode is the one with the Germans.

Sounds like the perfect cliff's note version of 20th century European history...

Anyone who didn't watch The Handmaid's Tale missed out. A masterpiece.

This season of Fargo has also gotten progressively better as it's gone on. The most recent episode was the best.
The partnership between Nicki and the deaf guy from the first season is legitimately badass.

Better Call Saul season 3 finale

felt more like a series finale. Everything wrapped up nicely, no real cliffhangers, since we know Hector doesn't die. The writers have a ready-made, fool-proof series finale, which must be nice for them whenever they want to end this: Kim dies, Walter White shows up to Saul's office for the first time, and then cut to a final shot of Saul working at Cinnabon.

The In-Betweeners is a really funny show you can watch on Netflix, for those who like British comedy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom