Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

Guess I have to watch Big Little Lies and The Handmaid's Tale. I'll never be able to get into The Crown.

Kind of sad to realize I have seen all the other Emmy shows. Life is spent in front of screens.

Like others here, I enjoyed Glow and am looking forward to the second season. Marc Maron was perfect. Alison Brie was hilarious as always, though I have to say she was hotter before the weight loss.

The first two episodes of The Deuce have been great. You can certainly tell that the same people responsible for The Wire made this show. Also, it does a great job capturing the sleaziness that was a big part of 70's culture. True story: I recall at one point in the 70's when the Sears catalog arrived at our house that year, it had a section of about 4-6 pages of nothing but pimp clothes - the hats, the bell bottom leisure suits, and the platform shoes.

JC Penny had stuff like this

73ba33db1383b8e6dc0aed718d36a99c.jpg

Those high-waisted, purple, crushed velvet pants were pretty sweet. My brother had a pair like that, but his were black.

American Vandal is pretty good on Netflix. Does an excellent job of satirizing all these true crime shows/podcasts. The actor who plays Dylan is perfectly cast

Reactions: TS9
The "San Junipero" episode of "Black Mirror" was incredible. Had never seen the show before but was recommended to watch that episode and wow, tremendous. Impressed that a show could make me feel for the characters in a 1 hour episode, was all in by the end.

The "San Junipero" episode of "Black Mirror" was incredible. Had never seen the show before but was recommended to watch that episode and wow, tremendous. Impressed that a show could make me feel for the characters in a 1 hour episode, was all in by the end.
You should probably watch all of them, except "The Waldo Moment." That one is not good.

American Vandal is pretty good on Netflix. Does an excellent job of satirizing all these true crime shows/podcasts. The actor who plays Dylan is perfectly cast

I have legitimately LOL'd at this show a couple of times, and I never legitimately LOL at anything.

Watching "Long Shot". Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is making a strong case for an Emmy in The Deuce. She's been excellent in every scene.
I think it's a great show, definitely worth watching.

@SeanMayTriedToEatMe Camila is a trash of a human being and doesn't deserve to be on the Challenge anymore. She has the thinnest skin of any contestant ever. I've heard during the charity Champs v. Stars she flipped out so badly that MTV won't have her back.

Agreed, she is old and bad. She probably gets them more ratings than most other girls, though. They got lucky and found another star in Tori this season, which should allow them to move further away from Camila being an auto-invite to every Challenge. Tori should be on every Challenge for a long time.

I'm less and less into people flipping out and more into either a) decent performers who are also funny, ie Tori or b) great at politicking. Not sure if you saw last night's episode, but having OG Veronica throw things for a loop was pretty awesome.

Anyone watching Mindhunter? I thought the first episode was pretty weak, but it's gotten better and better. It's not as good as Zodiac, but it feels like a spiritual sequel to that in many ways.

The biggest problem I had with the first episode was with the lead's acting and some of the dialogue. But I chalk the dialogue issues up to the usual exposition problems of a pilot. And I think I may have found a lens to interpret Groff's acting that makes it acceptable. If you read him as a high-functioning autistic, the performance becomes brilliant. I don't know if that's what they were going for; and if it was, they screwed up by having it being too ambiguous. But that's the way I get past the weakest element of the show.

All the other actors are great, especially the guy who plays Ed Kemper. The scenes with him are mesmerizing.

Reactions: TS9
Anyone watching Mindhunter? I thought the first episode was pretty weak, but it's gotten better and better. It's not as good as Zodiac, but it feels like a spiritual sequel to that in many ways.

The biggest problem I had with the first episode was with the lead's acting and some of the dialogue. But I chalk the dialogue issues up to the usual exposition problems of a pilot. And I think I may have found a lens to interpret Groff's acting that makes it acceptable. If you read him as a high-functioning autistic, the performance becomes brilliant. I don't know if that's what they were going for; and if it was, they screwed up by having it being too ambiguous. But that's the way I get past the weakest element of the show.

All the other actors are great, especially the guy who plays Ed Kemper. The scenes with him are mesmerizing.

I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I've liked it so far. Ed Kemper thus far is the best part of the show, the guy playing him is doing a phenomenal job of projecting the right tone for the character. I find him completely believable in the role, even more so when I went to Wikipedia and read about the real Ed Kemper.

The restaurant manager from tonight’s Curb, considering it’s all ad libbed, is one of the best characters they’ve had,

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom