Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I'm really enjoying the Ted Lasso season, I feel like the threads are leading to an inflection point very soon. Amsterdam is a top tier episode.

The 2-day buildup and then delivery of the defense's CGI rendering of the workday in question really got me. It was just set up so perfectly.

Apparently the cast hadn't seen it beforehand, and you can see some of them breaking, including the prosecutor.

I loved it all except
the reveal was kinda lame IMO. Didn’t match the tone of the rest of the show. Wish they had done something off the rails like a courtroom brawl or something.

They picked a perfect guy for it. He’s way too nice.

I really enjoyed Jury Duty. Marsden was hilarious and Ronald was perfect. I can't really picture an alternate personality type that the show could've worked with.

I was cracking up at that guy telling Ronald he was going to rub one out in the bathroom, and then the payoff later when everyone else had these sweet, deep moments with him was great.

I loved it all except
the reveal was kinda lame IMO. Didn’t match the tone of the rest of the show. Wish they had done something off the rails like a courtroom brawl or something.

They picked a perfect guy for it. He’s way too nice.

Yeah, I just finished the finale. Seems like they could have come up with something more dramatic/funny than that, but I guess anything like that would have been more in the vein of fucking with him than the vibe the were going for.

I did think the last wrap-up episode was pretty terrific and added a lot. Really was a pretty crazy production, and could have gone wrong so many different ways.

Silo on Apple TV is like sci-fi for beginners based solely on the 1st episode. It’s beautiful, though, and acted well enough. Rebecca Ferguson is in it. I hope it gets less obvious. 85% RT critics, 90% audience.

succession finale was as good as we could hope for.

ken going full pete campbell in the boardroom killed me

It was near perfect. I was shocked to see some of the unhappy reactions though. Seems people didn't really understand what they were watching. I know art is subjective and all that, but their expectations for how the dust would/should settle tells me they were simply watching the show incorrectly.

It was near perfect. I was shocked to see some of the unhappy reactions though. Seems people didn't really understand what they were watching. I know art is subjective and all that, but their expectations for how the dust would/should settle tells me they were simply watching the show incorrectly.
I appreciated the producer/director commentary in the credits. Kind of preempting this and reminding people that this entire story is and always was a tragedy. Also thought every single thing that happened made sense, or would make sense with reasonable assumptions about what might have happened off screen and/or what the character's various motivations might be. In general people want to oversimplify.

wish i enjoyed these netflix sports documentaries.

watched a few episodes of the tour de france one and continue to find the editing and music aggravating. the producers don't seem to really enjoy any of the things i find cool about the event or sport.

in general, no shot is allowed to breathe and you're force fed manufactured team drama.

wish i enjoyed these netflix sports documentaries.

watched a few episodes of the tour de france one and continue to find the editing and music aggravating. the producers don't seem to really enjoy any of the things i find cool about the event or sport.

in general, no shot is allowed to breathe and you're force fed manufactured team drama.

More paint-by-number trash on Netflix, nice! Maybe they'll bump up the subscription fee again soon.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom