Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

Most of the contestants in season 1 are dumb and don't understand anything about how to leverage game mechanics or information imbalance. Good watch for the nonsensical drama though.

Exactly. The premise is great but you can tell the producers quickly realized they needed contestants who actually think in a competitive, back-stabbing way.

Ran through the entirety of Always Sunny. Far more depth than I initially gave it credit for. The episodes in Ireland aren't great comedy but might involve the series' best acting from Charlie Day. Absolutely powerhouse performance on grief.

The gross satire vibe is so good and believable that I think it's why they've never gotten Emmy consideration. It's hands down some of the smartest writing in television, incredible performances from the whole cast, but the characters are so damn unlikable that I can see why critics get turned off by it. They're wrong though.

in small doses there's not a funnier show. mac & dennis move to the suburbs and the gang hits the slopes are both legendary television lore in my friend group at least.

someone was trying to get me to listen to their podcast recently and rob mcelhenney might have the most insufferable non acting personality i can recall. it's kind of a miracle the show works as it does.

in small doses there's not a funnier show. mac & dennis move to the suburbs and the gang hits the slopes are both legendary television lore in my friend group at least.

someone was trying to get me to listen to their podcast recently and rob mcelhenney might have the most insufferable non acting personality i can recall. it's kind of a miracle the show works as it does.
You don’t like Rob Justice???

I never know where to put stuff like this. I guess there's a Pictures/Videos thread, but I didn't feel like finding it. Anyway, this is a convergence of two of my favorite people.

Thought that one was really fun. His interview with Sydney Sweeney was also very good, if only to see her talk mad shit about the wings and then get to the Bomb Beyond Insanity.

Binged first two seasons of "For All Mankind" on AppleTV. Accidentally found out yesterday that you can get a free 3 month subscription to AppleTV through BestBuy. Just have to add it to your cart and then they send a code a few minutes later. I wanted to watch that new show "Constellation" but the reviews for it are kind of meh so I'll wait until it's all out before watching.

I've enjoyed "For All Mankind" but I'm also someone who loves almost all things space related. Going to watch the Monsterverse show at some point since there's a new Godzilla/King Kong movie coming out soon too. That Godzilla vs Kong movie was so bad that I loved it. Need more of that kind of stupid content.

Binged first two seasons of "For All Mankind" on AppleTV. Accidentally found out yesterday that you can get a free 3 month subscription to AppleTV through BestBuy. Just have to add it to your cart and then they send a code a few minutes later. I wanted to watch that new show "Constellation" but the reviews for it are kind of meh so I'll wait until it's all out before watching.

I've enjoyed "For All Mankind" but I'm also someone who loves almost all things space related. Going to watch the Monsterverse show at some point since there's a new Godzilla/King Kong movie coming out soon too. That Godzilla vs Kong movie was so bad that I loved it. Need more of that kind of stupid content.
Totally different genre but if you're going to be bingeing Apple TV, I highly recommend Slow Horses.

'Silo' is on the list, haven't watched it yet. I'll have to look into 'Slow Horses'. I'm just going to try to get through as many of these shows as I can during the three months and then I'll cancel.

Silo is fine if desperate for sci-fi. Really slow moving at times, and I skipped 3 episodes in the middle with relatively bad IMDB scores (you can watch a 5-10 minute YT recap of each of those). The build-up to the ending is solid, and I'll watch season 2.

I know I would love Slow Horses. It's exactly the kind of show I like. I just haven't been able to justify another subscription yet. I'm thinking that once my Disney+ expires, I'll just replace that with Apple. I only got Disney+ to finish watching Andor (which turned out to be a great decision).

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom