Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

New Tre Jones highlights. More passing in this one. Number 10 on his team is a 6'6" PF who is projected to go to Marquette and will probably become a Bonzi Colson for Wojo.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all of SMTTEM's jokes, we did offer him very early and seem to be all in on him now.

Should've been a top priority all along. Worst case as of 3 years ago: hard-working with a great pedigree, easy recruitment, but small and untalented, needs to be brought along like Tyler Thornton, provides depth at PG and class balance against all the OADs, or transfers if the coaches refuse to find nominal minutes for him. That's harder to find than an OAD talent at Duke these days, and that was always the worst case once Tyus came and left. Best case as of 3 years ago: becomes a great prospect entering college, massive contributor for anything from 1-4 years. Any of those extremes and everything in between should've made him a top priority the entire time. The coaches spent time and energy on the likes of Tremont Waters.

All good points SM - but was the staff really seriously considering Tremont? I thought they gave a quick look and moved on?

They considered a lot of other point guards as well. They are still looking at other OAD point guards in Tre's class, to play over Tre.

They'll probably land him anyway, so whatever, but why risk this?

I agree with SMTTEM in general, although I do remember the "we won't recruit any other point guards besides T. Jones from Minnesota" approach causing some problems, too.

That said, I'm not sure any of these other point guards we've recruited or are recruiting will contribute more in college than Tre Jones. I'd love to bring him in and hand him the keys from day one, even if he's got a OAD combo guard next to him.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
They considered a lot of other point guards as well. They are still looking at other OAD point guards in Tre's class, to play over Tre.

They'll probably land him anyway, so whatever, but why risk this?

He seems to be open to playing with another PG. He said he wanted to play with Garland. I don't get why we don't just go after him and Garland though. Why all these other guys, so late in the game? I mean, a lot of these guys may literally be making a commitment in 6 months.

deepdarkblue said:
I'm not sure, but to me Tre looks bigger and stronger than Tyus.
He also dunked at the beginning of that video. I don't remember Tyus ever doing that.

rome8180 said:
deepdarkblue said:
I'm not sure, but to me Tre looks bigger and stronger than Tyus.
He also dunked at the beginning of that video. I don't remember Tyus ever doing that.

Tyus definitely had some dunks in HS:

Tre's game in front of disinterested K, bored Tyus date, and very interested Wojo yesterday:

Wow. Was he banged-up last year of something? He has taken a big step forward this year.

Sounds like he'll be the best point guard in the country as a freshman. Staff fell ass backward into this.

I'll actually give the staff a bit of credit here for giving Tre an actual scholarship offer summer before his junior year. I don't remember any particular cold-shouldering during the year either, just a lot of looking at other guards. Which we may need some of, since we may have basically no guards returning after Clusterfuck 2.0: Opportunity Knox.

Clearly, it seems like they've been attending his games full-force at the two summer events thus far. This doesn't feel at all like the Amile recruitment to me.

Probs could have had him locked up a year or two ago, but K wanted to suck up to the shithead dads of lesser point guards.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom