Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

I just can’t believe how many good shooters we have. Tre, Hurt, Baker, Stanley. I trust all of them shooting. Hopefully AOC figures his shot out and White doesn’t look awful anymore after the last few games.

Yeah PG was a fucking disaster between the Jones brothers. K really botched it for three years.
Nice knowing we should have Roach for a couple of years as well. And that it’s not all riding on him next year. Gold could start, Steward and Johnson could play some point. Love what K is doing with these last couple of classes. Just need Kum to complete next years roster.

AOC might be the odd man out come tournament time once Moore returns. I love K going deeper but he won’t do it in do or die games imo.

K will play the hot hand. But with Baker, Hurt and White as options, 3 guys have to flame out before AOC gets a chance to prove he's capable.

AOC might be the odd man out come tournament time once Moore returns. I love K going deeper but he won’t do it in do or die games imo.

I don't think he needs to go "deeper" in big games though. What he's doing now is giving guys an entire season worth of games to prove if they are capable or not of logging minutes in the biggest games of the season. If they aren't doing it now, then obviously their minutes should be reduced in the big games of the season.

Even with that, I'm sure Coach K will still run a 8-9 man rotation. Jones-Stanley-Moore-Hurt-Carey-DeLaurier-Goldwire-White-Baker seems like it is going to stick. What will happen is guys will get more minutes in the top end and the minutes will be less balanced, but I still foresee us going 9 deep if Moore returns healthy, 8 if he doesn't return healthy.

I don't but just noticed something interesting on turnovers. Last year, he was excellent, with a 14.7% TO Rate. This year, the biggest driver of why his ORating is basically the same despite a lot of other improved numbers is a much worse 20.1% rate.

But it seems he basically had three terrible games in a row from a TO perspective in late Nov/early Dec. Against SFA (it's always SFA), WInthrop and MSU, 19 total turnovers. In the 11 other games he's played in, just 23 total turnovers. He did have 12 assists in the MSU game but odd that he had that many turnovers three games in a row. Hopefully that was a weird blip and we can assume his freshman year rate is more indicative of what to expect going forward.

He has to be shooting over 50% on shots from 10-18 feet. Given the context in which he usually takes these shots, I'm okay with them for once.

FG% at rim / FG% 2pt jumper / FG% 3pt / FT%

Tre (sophomore):
55 / 44 / 37 / 72

Tre (freshman):
61 / 37 / 26 / 76

Luke Kennard (sophomore) - extreme high end comp:
62 / 48 / 44 / 86

Grayson Allen (sophomore) - more realistic high end comp:
61 / 36 / 42 / 84

Trevon Duval (freshman) - low end comp
56 / 37 / 29 / 60

Tyus (freshman) - casually interesting comp:
56 / 36 / 38 / 89

Pessimistic take:
Tre's FT shooting and unrealistic leaps in other areas makes me believe his midrange and 3pt accuracy are a bit inflated, and he's really a high 30s midrange/low-to-mid-30s 3pt guy.

Optimistic take:
Tre's FT shooting has been a moderate aberration to this point, and shouldn't be viewed as a predictive indication for his 2pt jumper and 3pt shooting. He just had a 5/10 FT game at Georgia Tech, in which he may have been mentally and physically fatigued from playing 39 minutes against a decent point guard in a mostly tight game. Without that single bad FT game, Tre is 76% from the line on the season, and we're working with a relatively small sample size. He has improved his shooting significantly in other areas, so he can be expected to be a true 80%+ FT shooter. Regarding the at the rim number, Tre is 6'3" and built pretty well, so there's no reason for him to be worse than Tyus (6'0"). That number should positively regress to at least the high 50s.

Personal take:
Good overall player.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom