Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

He goes through weird defensive slumps. Maybe he just gets worn out. He was great in the Miami game though.

I mean, he's a flawed player, and even tonight, he played far from a perfect game. So happy for him, though. He just seems like a Duke fan who wants to be like his big brother, and just happens to be the one of us fans who was actually good enough to play there.

Tyus was always so smooth with his clutch plays, in that everything just seemed to work out perfectly for him, and he always looked so cool doing it. It's never as pretty with Tre, because he's not quite as talented. But how cool was it to see him score 15 straight points to shockingly send it to overtime, including that unreal play that led up to the buzzer beater? This is a guy who's not even that good of a scorer on most nights. Just pure heart. The term "in the zone" gets thrown around a lot, but I think that was a legitimate example of being in a flow-like state.

...then, of course, instead of continuing to lead a runaway win in OT, he gets (probably) a mild concussion, snaps out of it, misses a couple shots, and we're right back on our heels. Such is life with Tre, it's never perfect and sexy like it was with Tyus. But IMO, his limits make a crazy outlier stretch like that even cooler.

Tre had more shots tonight (25) than Zion did in any game at Duke. His highest was 24. RJ had 3 such games last year with 25 or more.

It was actually kind of crazy to see him be so aggressive shooting the ball.

He seemed to be left to his own devices. Poor offensive sets for most of the game he took it on himself. Cash was also put in similar spots to create something out of nothing

tbh, I didn't really mind it. I wish he had been more efficient but attacking Anthony who is lousy defensively is generally the right idea.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom