Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Re: UNC Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

So, Roy says he plans on coaching "six to ten more years". YOU HEAR THAT, Foolish?

http://www.wect.com/story/19764919/unc- ... ower-lunch

The championship coach also discussed his recent surgery when he had two tumors removed. Luckily, Williams was told they were benign. He said he considers himself "lucky."

Yeah, nothing goes with bacon and eggs quite like hearing Roy talking about tumors.

LOL @ Dan Kane showing up at Roy's presser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Kane re-tweeted that status, BTW. Hilarious.

What got him up there? Going to class?

Topher said:
What got him up there? Going to class?
Nah, his preseason ranking going into his freshman year.

I look up there and see guys like Lawson and say "yeah, that dude was a bitch to deal with. He was crazy good."

I look up and see Barnes and I think "we'll the recruitment sucked but eh player."

So fucking weird, the legacy of Harrison Barnes.

Kyle Singler, National Champion, FF MOP, 2x ACC Champion, ACC 1st Team, ACCT MVP, #1 SF recruit, not good enough to be in the rafters at Duke.

Harrison Barnes, #1 SF recruit, good enough to be in the rafters at UNC.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Kyle Singler, National Champion, FF MOP, 2x ACC Champion, ACC 1st Team, ACCT MVP, #1 SF recruit, not good enough to be in the rafters at Duke.

Harrison Barnes, #1 SF recruit, good enough to be in the rafters at UNC.
So you're saying we have different standards? ;)

He's saying we have standards.

BTW, while we're talking about HB, anybody else read this?

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_21734917/golden-state-warriors-top-pick-learning-about-life

I know that he probably didn't intend to do it, but the juxtaposition of these 2 sentences made me chuckle:

"I'm just trying to learn my role on this team," Barnes said after Tuesday's practice. "Obviously it's much different from Carolina. I'm just trying to go out there and work hard."

It's an insult that Barnes is with Hans and Lawson......

Topher said:
I look up there and see guys like Lawson and say "yeah, that dude was a bitch to deal with. He was crazy good."

I look up and see Barnes and I think "we'll the recruitment sucked but eh player."

So **** weird, the legacy of Harrison Barnes.

You would think they would have done everything possible to keep him OUT of the rafters.

Barnes' best chance of being in the rafters in my opinion was if his brand was Beefmasters.

uncy12 said:
It's an insult that Barnes is with Hans and Lawson......

I would say it certainly reduces it's significance. If Barnes goes in the rafters, you damned near need to put every starter in UNC history up there with him.

It is weird how low the standard is for such a storied school

It is weird how the whole basketball world treated Barnes like he parted the Red Sea. What the fuck has that guy done? Seriously? He played high school basketball in a state where everyone plays football, and was a preseason first team AA? It makes no sense. Leaving aside the crap he pulled during his commitment, he's a solid D1 player who isn't great at any one thing. He had one game in college that could be considered transcendent, the OT game vs. Clemson in the tourney.

He's not nearly as good as Gene Banks was. Or even Alarie for that matter. He doesn't even sniff the level of Jamison, Worthy, VC, Stack. Mike O'Koren and Matt Doherty had more successful UNC careers.

I don't get it.

Fuck that guy. Total hall pass for his entire HS and College career. I hope Reggie Evans freaks him the fuck out.

ChibCU said:

I just farted. That means unc would hang my Jersey right?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom