Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Re: UNC Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

You have to remember this is at a school that the head basketball coach just this morning had a long article in the N&O that he has no problem with his players taking a class with no grades and no academic measure of any kind that was created to pad the GPA of unqualified athletes. But then coach Aw Shucks did the same at Kansas and I'm sure will continue to do so where ever he coaches. He has finally found and institution that embraces his methods.

So much shady shit going on at UNC.

ChibCU said:

Now that he's on the Warriors, I'm supposed to root for him, but I have no earthly idea why in the hell his jersey is in the rafters.

Last edited by a moderator:

CK86 said:
ChibCU said:

Now that he's on the Warriors, I'm supposed to root for him, but I have no earthly idea why in the hell his jersey is in the rafters.

2nd team NABC all-american. That's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

As a Heel, I am incredibly UNHAPPY that Barnes is in the rafters. Dude regressed from Fr. to So. season. He failed to show up when it mattered most, especially for the two games we played without Marshall in the NCAAT (he just SUCKED against Kansas). Yes, he did hit some big shots in crunch times throughout his time at UNC, but not enough to warrant rafter prestige. He was consistently inconsistent and could be counted on NOT-to be counted upon.

I only wish him well in the NBA since that could help our recruiting. Other than that, I'm actually happy he's not on the team anymore...even if we don't have someone as talented and experienced to put in his SF spot.

Moving away from Barnes, what do people think UNC's starting lineup will be this coming season? I predict the following for us:

PG: Dexter Strickland
SG: Leslie McDonald
SF: Reggie Bullock
PF: James McAdoo
C: Hubert (?; unless Joel James is ready to play something serious)

What I want it to be, which presumes that Paige would be more effective as an offense-creating PG (i.e., what Roy has to have) than Strickland:

PG: Marcus Paige
SG: Leslie McDonald
SF: Reggie Bullock
PF: James McAdoo
C: Hubert/James

Issue is, given Roy's history of generally playing his Seniors no matter what, if Paige establishes himself as the superior PG and takes the spot from Dex, I suspect Roy would move Dex to the SG...thus giving us yet another year of a Roy team with a SG that can't shoot the dern ball. Not trying to hate on Dexter Strickland; I just don't think Roy knows how to use a player like him, and thus I think other players will be more effective on the court for us even though Dexter could be an effective college guard if used properly...

BTW, despite what the homers on IC say, I don't expect this year's UNC team to be some defensive juggernaut...would love to see that, but Roy just doesn't coach defensive intensity, physical D in the paint, boxing-out, or guarding the 3ball...all of which are important to be an excellent college defensive team. I expect to see stretches of games every now and then when we play intense D. But overall I expect a regression from last season unless we magically develop some beastly rebounding and someone emerges as a Henson-esque shotblocker (Roy seems to like shotblockers, but not other kinds of important D in the paint).

Roy tends to fall flat with perimeter defense, I don't know if he just doesn't know how to coach it or what, but that probably explains his penchant for shot blockers to help correct that deficiency. Is Hubert any good at blocking shots? Is he still skinny as hell?

Regarding defense, you'll miss Henson and Zeller manning the post. They changed the game plans of opponents.

Hasn't Paige been named the starter @ pg?

Thain said:
I think Roy said he was going to give him the ball. Not necessarily a definitive statement announcing him the starter. It will probably be a fluid situation. LIPO.

ChibCU said:
Thain said:
I think Roy said he was going to give him the ball. Not necessarily a definitive statement announcing him the starter. It will probably be a fluid situation. LIPO.

I missed that announcement. If that has been announced then expect something like what we had with Drew and Marshall early in 2010-11; alternatively it means Roy will experiment with the lineup of PG: Paige, SG: Strickland, SF: Bullock...which, again, means yet another Roy lineup with a SG who can't shoot. I AM SO ****ING SICK OF THAT!

FoolishTarHeel said:
As a Heel, I am incredibly UNHAPPY that Barnes is in the rafters. Dude regressed from Fr. to So. season. He failed to show up when it mattered most, especially for the two games we played without Marshall in the NCAAT (he just SUCKED against Kansas). Yes, he did hit some big shots in crunch times throughout his time at UNC, but not enough to warrant rafter prestige. He was consistently inconsistent and could be counted on NOT-to be counted upon.

I only wish him well in the NBA since that could help our recruiting. Other than that, I'm actually happy he's not on the team anymore...even if we don't have someone as talented and experienced to put in his SF spot.

When are you just going to admit that you hate UNC?

http://blogs.fayobserver.com/accbasketb ... th-Carolin

Can someone decipher this? In regards to the ROTC classes:

Williams: "I’m going to miss this, because it was 100 years ago, but I had anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, testing measurements. I do remember Tyler Hansbrough telling me about that course. I would have loved to have taken that course. I love John Wayne, Clint Eastwood. I would like to know what the heck is going on. When I was taking anatomy, kinesiology, I think testing measurements, all in the same semester, I would have loved to have taken something like that. I don’t think it’s an aberration. I’m not sure I even knew what that word meant until a month or so ago. People go to take a course they think might be interesting. That doesn’t mean I (inaudible - either would or wouldn't) have ever taken a course knowing I was going to get an A at it. I was going to graduate. I didn’t really care if I had a 2.7 or a 2.6. I just wanted something that might be interesting."

That's a completely incoherent, rambling statement. Even for Roy. Off-script is not a good look for him.

I love John Wayne, Clint Eastwood. I would like to know what the heck is going on.

:lol:

"Testing measurements"? WTF is that?

Drag night with Roy in progress

Roy dressed as a magician is one of the creepiest things I've seen.

3Yoql.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back