Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion Thread

No, the writing was on the wall a few weeks ago when he said he was "still 95% committed to UNC."

Legacy recruit. The only good recruit they've landed in years. And he still wants to get out of that disaster zone.

The top 10 players staying multiple years is destroying them. Recruits are terrified at the thought of still being in school in 2 years when all their peers are making millions of dollars.

Lol. That whole article just sums up his personality to a T.

To be fair, tequila is literally the worst thing he could have started on.

Maybe it's just because I'm not a homer but why do a lot of UNC fans not seem to understand that the recruiting drought has less to do with the scandal, and more with the fact that Roy's development record has been absolute shit lately.

uncy12 said:
Maybe it's just because I'm not a homer but why do a lot of UNC fans not seem to understand that the recruiting drought has less to do with the scandal, and more with the fact that Roy's development record has been absolute shit lately.

It's a combo of both for sure.

If UNC makes the Final Four this season, and they don't get rammed by the NCAA, they will see a huge recruiting boost. If UNC doesn't reach the Final Four and or achieves during the regular season again, I really believe UNC may be done for a good while until a new coach can come in and change the culture, system and recruiting foundation.

UNC has looming sanctions, and is recruiting terribly. If they underachieve next season, lose the seniors, and probably have a couple of guys transfer or go pro, they could possibly be NIT bound or worse for a couple of seasons.

That shit would be like an Anakin/Sidious/Vader/Luke thing. Not really, but close.

'The circle is now complete'

Pretty slick. They know their recruiting for '16 and '17 is so fucked that they won't be competitive anyways, so go all in making sure that 10% chance to win one final title in Roy's last competitive year is preserved by any means necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's fucking horseshit. The self-reported violations were something like women's lax and men's soccer, too. Absurdly transparent.

I just don't understand why all these programs didn't simply follow the lead of men's basketball and keep it clean.

DrKlahn said:
I just don't understand why all these programs didn't simply follow the lead of men's basketball and keep it clean.

Yeah, Roy is a Christian, so we know his program is clean. Otoh, I always thought their women's fencing team deserved more scrutiny. You can never trust a group of women armed with sharp, pointy sticks.

Art Chansky continues to embarrass himself and UNC with incredible weak-minded defenses of the academic scandal.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom