Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2016-17

Doing a quick checkup on the best program in college basketball, past, present and future.

Justin Jackson has not impressed enough to make significant gains on DraftExpress - he's still a mid-2nd round pick, which means he'll probably be back to finish out the usual four-year sentence as a top 10 recruit who picks UNC.

Tony Bradley and Theo Pinson remain in next year's mock draft instead of this year's, so all signs point to them returning to college as well (#1 sign = being at UNC).

Joel Berry remains undraftable, apparently.

Here is UNC's team next season:

PG Joel Berry (sr) / Jalek Felton (fr)
SG Kenny Williams (jr) / Seventh Woods (so) / Andrew Platek (fr)
SF Theo Pinson (sr) / Brandon Robinson (so)
PF Justin Jackson (sr) / Luke Maye (jr)
C Tony Bradley (so) / Sterling Manley (fr) / Brandon Huffman (fr)

Really strong again. Might be the national championship favorite.

We keep waiting for the year when their terrible recruiting comes back to bite them. But since they keep having everyone return, it hasn't yet. I still don't see how they manage to stay good after next season.

Berry is a very, very good college player but has never been on NBA boards. Your scenario of a 4th year from him is not unlikely.

I would expect Pinson and Bradley to be really, really solid next year; possibly all-conference level.

i would be amazed if Jackson is back next year. He is the Kasey Hill of his draft class.

You guys and 247 sure have a boner for Pinson. Talk about a player who chose the wrong school for his 'skill'set and hasn't looked even close to an all acc player.

Plus he's played like two total years of basketball.

Basically he passes and defends well, but he's a nonfactor offensively. That's if he even stays healthy.

I think Pinson will take steps forward offensively, he will not be as bad on offense as Tokoto when he wraps up his career.

UNC gets the shit exposed out of them tomorrow. UK by 10+.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Game. Berry is worth 25 points over replacement to UNC.

This is where Roy shows he is a better coach than K. While K is willing to coddle his players, Roy knows that to fully get their respect he's got to demonstrate tough love. If that means playing through injuries, so be it. Roy is just being a true patriot in these trying times, but thankfully we are in Trump's America and more people will follow suit. #nomoreparticipationtrophies

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything to the latest NCAA allegation story? I read that they have reinstated some allegations from the original version, is it basketball related? Significant? I find no details online in my admittedly brief search.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom