Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

childress22 said:
I'm curious how much the games in which Kyrie came back hurt our defensive efficiency in 2011; certainly the last one did.

The Arizona game was one of our worst defensive performances ever (certainly from a raw ppp allowed perspective).

Final +/- per 40 minutes, courtesy of DukeBasketballReport:

Season

Allen 23.4
Plumlee 17.3
M.Jones 16.3
Winslow 15.5
T.Jones 14.5
Cook 14.1
Okafor 14.0
Jefferson 12.2

NCAA Tournament

Allen 26.4
Winslow 20.1
Cook 17.2
Okafor 15.3
Jefferson 13.6
T.Jones 13.3
M.Jones 11.8
Plumlee 9.1

It appears that we will return our top 3 overall players next season, in Grayson Allen, Marshall Plumlee and Matt Jones.

The rest of the country will remember this Duke team for 2 things: having funny hair and getting all the calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good video. I'd swap #2 and #1, just because of the context of each. But otherwise I agree absolutely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'd definitely switch #1 and #2 but other than that, no complaints. Good video overall. I still can't believe how clutch Tyus and Justise were this year.

rome8180 said:
Good video. I'd swap #2 and #1, just because of the context of each. But otherwise I agree absolutely.

I can see the case for having them ranked as are. The UVA game was tighter at the time (Duke up 3 instead of up 5), the shot was later in the game, and the game was such a huge win coming right off the Notre Dame loss and Sulaimon departure. In those days between games, people were wondering if we'd finish in the Top 4 in the ACC. I think the UVA win was very important for the psychology of the team going forward.

The UVA shot was also more impressive as an actual shot. Farther from the basket, better defended.

I just think you have to put the championship shot first. I went from thinking we'd win to knowing we'd win after that shot. Granted, they cut the lead to three after that.

Almost. I wanna see the bench/staff/K reaction IMMEDIATELY after the buzzer sounds. We haven't gotten a look at that yet.

They did a separate video for that in 2010. I suspect we'll see the same, plus some locker room footage. The locker room speech is key.

Yeah, I've been waiting for the locker room speech. I actually haven't seen the press conferences yet either for Duke, nice that they are all free on GoDuke. I finally watched Bo Ryan's PC (who was joined by Kaminsky and Gasser). Was much worse than I was expecting- terrible look.

Damn I loved watching this team. They came together so well after the Sheed drams. Their tournament play was just insane. I wish we were still in a time when these kids would come back just to see how good they really could have been together.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom