Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Incredible he didn't even consider getting a NTC if the main reason he signed was to live in LA

Harris and Bradley both would've required the max from Detroit within 1-2 years. I'm fine with it. SVG's approach is to essentially "sign" players by trading nearer term expiring bodies for longer contracts, because he isn't going to get anyone good to sign with Detroit willingly. Did it with Harris when he had 4 years left on his deal, now spinning that for Griffin with 4 years left. He will trade Griffin and some other assets in 2-3 years for an even better player who has just signed a megadeal.

Drummond and Griffin will be fun to watch, which puts the Pistons in a better position from a fan perspective than most of the 29 non-Warriors teams in the NBA. This is the kind of thinking fans need to have when every team is irrelevant except one. Kennard should feast with all the room he's going to get.

That's too much unless you were never planning on re-signing Bradley and have a decent amount of protections on the pick. Of course maybe i'm overvaluing Harris and being too harsh on Blake Griffin's injury history.

They will probably flip Bradley, right?

Harris and Bradley both would've required the max from Detroit within 1-2 years.

Haven't the past two summers made it a lot harder for these middling guys to get the max? I imagine there's fewer teams out there with enough space. Also, Bradley has a PER of 10.1. Hopefully that stops a team from going too crazy.

I like his heart, but IT does not have a good history of being accountable when things go sideways:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/27/isaiah-thomas-kevin-love-cavaliers-defense

He is far from the only one playing poorly, but he should at least acknowledge that he could do better on both ends.
Feel bad for IT. He's only a shell of his former self. Hope he gets closer to 100% by the playoffs.

The real issue with his D is that it is SOOOOOO bad that Stevens created elaborate schemes to hide him. Lue doesn't have the defensive creativity to do the same, so IT just gets exploited whenever the other team feels like it. Unless you can hide him on D, he's unplayable against most teams.

I would have felt bad for IT if he had not tried to deflect by throwing love under the bus. The Cavs are 2 games under 500 since he returned. They were 12 games above 500 before he started playing. Love is struggling because IT is failing in his duties as a pg. IT is chucking bad shots and only passing to love when IT cant shoot himself. A normal competent pg would be getting Love shots in position to score, but thats not what IT does. (Love is shooting under 43% since IT came back, 47% before and his shots per game have fallen from 14 to 10.) Its bad enough that IT is struggling himself, but he is freezing Love out of the offense and then blaming Love for the teams struggles. F IT, he a B.

Good news, @torontoduke, Jamal Murray is now the best Canadian player in the NBA, so you don't have to hitch your moose-wagon to Wiggins' train wreck career anymore.

Good news, @torontoduke, Jamal Murray is now the best Canadian player in the NBA, so you don't have to hitch your moose-wagon to Wiggins' train wreck career anymore.

Why can't I have both? I have to set aside some time to look at those links SMTTEM posted yesterday re: defensive ratings/statistics. I have read quite a bit on how Wiggins' D has improved this year, but I am curious if the numbers support those claims. On the other side of the ball, AW has really had an off-year with his shooting.

After a slow start, Murray has been terrific.

Looks like John Wall is out for a couple of months (knee). Reported in WaPo, so I'm sure it's bullshit.

I know that's tongue in cheek but i would think the last thing a rebuilding tear-it-down team would want is going on 30 year old Klay and Draymond either on 30 million dollar contracts or due to be paid that.

Objectively if they want young players and picks, nothing comes close to what Boston can offer. Which will include Tatum, the SAC pick, and filler, just as a starting point.

Last edited:
This is kind of hard for me - Davis is a top-5 player & still relatively young, so as a fan, you'd want the Celtics to jump at that opportunity.

He does get injured often, and since the Celts will give up a star (possibly transcendent player) in Tatum + a load of other assets, I wonder if such a move truly leaves them in a better position to contend 2 or 3 years from now.

I say stay the course and look for other pieces to fit around KI, Tatum & Horford; pieces which will not require giving up so much.

We all need to seriously gird ourselves for the growing likilihood Tatum will be in that shithole franchise in New Orleans sooner than later. Just hope that he can blossom in spite of their awful front office. I think the Cousins achilles injury really changed the calculus in a big way.

Kyrie and AD as a new age Kobe/Shaq duo without the egos will help ease the pain, though. Maybe we get lucky and one of the 10000 nba players coming througb duke the next few years finds their way onto the roster as well.

We all need to seriously gird ourselves for the growing likilihood Tatum will be in that shithole franchise in New Orleans sooner than later. Just hope that he can blossom in spite of their awful front office. I think the Cousins achilles injury really changed the calculus in a big way.

Kyrie and AD as a new age Kobe/Shaq duo without the egos will help ease the pain, though. Maybe we get lucky and one of the 10000 nba players coming througb duke the next few years finds their way onto the roster as well.

It is not unreasonable that the Celts choose Grayson with their own pick (obviously late 1st rounder) this year. His skill set does fit into a team need.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom