Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2020-2021

Those are just my guesses on the hierarchy, obviously. None of those deep bench players making their way into the regular rotation would surprise me.

If Hurt and Stanley both come back I think I could talk myself into next year's team being decent (i.e. 3-seed, finish 2nd-4th in the ACC, likely Sweet 16 ceiling).

Is all of the talk about Stanley returning just based on nothing other than what he posted on Instagram and twitter? If so, that's extremely flimsy.

I agree. The Instagram/Twitter post could just as easily mean he's leaving. I was just repeating the rumors from other boards. Not sure what they're based on.

Yeah, I was just thinking last night about what the lineup looks like if Moore, Stanley, and Hurt all return.

Roach
Stanley
Johnson
Hurt
Tape

??

Roach
Stanley
Moore
Hurt
Johnson

??

I have no clue. I would think those six, plus Goldwire, are locks to be relied upon nightly.

I've sort of been in Corona mode so I've been slacking on the basketball posting.

That will change in the coming days.

Last year's team was looking good and fell apart in January, and I sadly lost my steak dinner. Still no idea what happened to us. So damn inconsistent.

Anyway, with regard to 20-21: In short: I think we are going to be better than almost anyone on here is predicting. My reasoning will be spread throughout the player threads.

I kind of don’t think there’s gonna be a season in 20-21. What do we think are the implications of that would be?

All of next year’s freshman would be draft eligible? Johnson jumps and maybe Steward or Roach even?

I kind of don’t think there’s gonna be a season in 20-21. What do we think are the implications of that would be?

All of next year’s freshman would be draft eligible? Johnson jumps and maybe Steward or Roach even?

I would curl into a ball and lose my mind.

Teams with OAD-dominated classes coming in next season would be the hardest hit. Those who don't have OADs coming in would benefit from the extra year of eligibility that would be granted to all athletes.

A team with sights on a loaded class for the following season (2021-22) would be hardest hit as well, and with the most predictability. Even if some of the fringe OAD recruits decide they want to play a season of college, this would push away some of the recruits in the loaded 21-22 class.

In Duke's case, for example, even if Roach and Steward were to decide to play the 21-22 season at Duke instead of jumping right to the NBA, this wouldn't necessarily be a good thing for Duke, as it likely pushes away any elite guard prospects in the 21-22 class to Duke's competition.

Solely for the purpose of benefiting Duke men's basketball, everyone on this board should be rooting for COVID-19 to kill as few people as possible and be vaccinated ASAP.

If there is no football season this coming school year then there will be no basketball season either.

IF Stanley comes back, this could be our chance at having a 2015 Kentucky 38-1 platoon type team.

Platoon 1: Roach-Stanley-Johnson-Hurt-Williams

Platoon 2: Goldwire-Steward-Moore-Brakefield-Coleman

Baker and Tape get J-Rob minutes.

That is, by far, the deepest team in America with all sorts of lineup options.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom