Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] 2 Duke vs. 7 MSU (NCAA Tournament 2nd Round)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Won by nine despite 11-20 from three and 12-13 from the line by Michigan State. Incredible execution down the stretch on both ends. A genuinely impressive performance by Duke in an NCAA tournament game for the first time since 2015. Beating Izzo one last time. Going to savor this one and if we lose 68-53 against Texas Tech, so be it.
It really was amazing that Duke covered the spread. Adjusting for bullshit, Duke deserved to win this game by about 15-20 points. Their best win in a while.

I'm so pumped right now. I know this board's default mode is cynicism. But there was so much to love from this game. Pretty much every player who got minutes made major plays, especially down the stretch. Our defense was actually great, I thought. I know this sounds like a cop-out, but most of the reason MSU even had a chance was flukish three-point shooting. A few of those threes were poorly defended, but they hit multiple ridiculous contested looks.

I actually turned the game off with 5:10 left while Duke was down 69-65. We outscored them 20-7 the rest of the way. Just finished the replay now. You can credit me for the win.

I also thought our game-plan was really sound. They couldn't do anything in the lane with the exception of a few putbacks. They didn't get much in transition except off a few turnovers. And on the other end, we spread them out and drove them to death.

Here are our last five opponents by 3pt percentage and offensive efficiency respectively:

UNC -20th/41st
Syracuse - 17th/15th
Miami - 107th/18th
VT - 3rd/17th
MSU - 16th/33rd

Now granted, MSU's 3pt percentage ranking jumped like 6 spots just due to tonight's game. But still, it's not surprising we've been lit up lately. I believe we were allowing below 30% before this stretch, so it may just be some natural regression too. Miami doesn't quite fit the pattern, but they're still an elite offense.

Yeah I'm obviously butthurt but we played a great game. I'm just sick of drawing Duke, idk how they look in the RS you know they come ready to play in the tourney. Idk how the regions are ranked but Gonzaga/Duke/TTU is a brutal road
Confused Michigan St. fan.

Lol, is there really no way to watch full-game replays of games? God, CBS sucks.
Glad I DVR'd it on YouTubeTV. I know the March Madness app used to let you watch replays, but I think that option went away.

They're also Nazis about taking down the versions people put on YouTube. ESPN doesn't seem to give a shit.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom