Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] FSU / at NC State / at Pitt / Wake / at Miami

I just can't complain about someone scoring 31 points on 11-14 shooting, no matter what happens on the other end. Even from a TS% perspective, Jabari touched those kinds of numbers maybe once in conference play.

My only Bagley complaint isn't even a Bagley complaint - The team went into let's-stand-around-and-watch-Marvin mode several times. It reminded me too much of the Jabari team.

Another factor in my increasing apathy is that I don't see things improving much for a long time. I have little faith in K winning anything meaningful this year or next. Assuming he then retires and hands the reigns to Capel, we're almost certainly looking at 3-4 miserable, barren, Doherty-esque seasons that will make us look back wistfully on our 2017 ACC championship team.

Hopefully by 2023/24, one of Collins/Hurley/Wojo/Mike White/??? have separated themselves from the pack and will make for a straightforward hire. Regardless, they'll need several years to clean up the mess left by K/Capel, so even in the best case, having a stud behind the bench, it could very easily take until 2026/27 for us to be national contenders once again.

This is depressing to think about.

Well, that was fun.
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

The State game was eerily similar to the S.Car game. We get out to an 11 point lead in the first half and went dumb with taking jump shots, etc. and got punched in the mouth and just took it basically (except Bagley). Did Allen even leave Durham for this game? I'm tired of the excuses. First we didn't have time to practice and now we've only played three games in a month. What were we doing during that time period??

+1 on emotional investment. Don't hate me for this, and it feels insane leaving my fingertips, but I am almost jealous that UNC fans get to have players that they can get emotionally invested in and watch them grow into good players and leaders. I miss having guys like Nolan, Quinn, Lance, Scheyer and the likes. There are obviously more, I'm just trying to think of guys in the OAD era. Guys we watched improve and turn into stars or perfect complimentary players. I love all of our guys, but that connection is missing. I don't think going after different players is the answer - always go for the best players. I just think the mentality is so much different now, and I can hardly blame the kids for that.

I was told this transition was coming as I grew older - the one where I quit punching doors, stewing until the early morning and not speaking to anyone the day after losses. I am in the middle of that now and it is the strangest thing.

Listening to K on the conference call. He's saying nothing of value, except that Bolden (knee) and Javin (hamstring) won't play Wednesday. Bolden might be out through the Wake game. He didn't give a timetable on Javin.

Cool.

+1 on emotional investment. Don't hate me for this, and it feels insane leaving my fingertips, but I am almost jealous that UNC fans get to have players that they can get emotionally invested in and watch them grow into good players and leaders. I miss having guys like Nolan, Quinn, Lance, Scheyer and the likes. There are obviously more, I'm just trying to think of guys in the OAD era. Guys we watched improve and turn into stars or perfect complimentary players. I love all of our guys, but that connection is missing. I don't think going after different players is the answer - always go for the best players. I just think the mentality is so much different now, and I can hardly blame the kids for that.

I was told this transition was coming as I grew older - the one where I quit punching doors, stewing until the early morning and not speaking to anyone the day after losses. I am in the middle of that now and it is the strangest thing.

+1 to your +1. I'm not mad at you for that opinion. It's like whatever to me now also after watching the lack of effort in the two losses this season (and even going back to the SC loss) and our one senior leader this season acts like he doesn't even want to be here. The state of college basketball is shit and I'm tired of sports in general, atm.

Don't get me wrong because I still love unc paying (at least on the court) this season for cheating but it's hard to brag and boast about them losing outwardly with the way our last two years (and the first part of this season) have gone.

So even more thin @ the PETE. I still want to see the bench used in this circumstance. Bring on JRob, Vrank & AO. The bench usage in the Pack game was deplorable.

We will lose at The Pete.

I like that this is the board people come to when they want to vent about how awful the program is.

Too many "silver linings" that don't actually exit there on TOS. Even DukiesRock25 would have a hard time finding anything positive in ACC play so far.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom