Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] FSU / at NC State / at Pitt / Wake / at Miami

I was kinda pissed at Bagley for his 4 turnovers, but it looks like we only had 2 others as a team beyond that, so, shrug.

Glad we got that valuable true road game experience leading into the rest of conference play

Fool’s gold game. It’s nice to see the guys playing hard and the suns getting PT, but we won’t know if any improvements have been made until a few games have been played against real competition. I will still avoid watching them live until such improvements are made.

I don't expect the bench to be used at Miami.

And if anything our overplay looked even more insanely aggressive. If we're going to play that way, we definitely need to go deeper. Depth allows for more effort but it also allows for accountability. If you know you're not getting yanked, why would you play hard? Besides, you need to conserve energy somewhere when you're playing 35 minutes.

And if anything our overplay looked even more insanely aggressive. If we're going to play that way, we definitely need to go deeper. Depth allows for more effort but it also allows for accountability. If you know you're not getting yanked, why would you play hard? Besides, you need to conserve energy somewhere when you're playing 35 minutes.

In particular - I would like to see less overplay by Bags

Yeah, this was the typical bullshit fools good rebound game.

We changed exactly nothing in terms of defensive scheme other than extending pressure out further and being more aggressive in passing lanes. When five highly motivated NBA players do that against five shitty, demoralized teenagers, yeah, it's going to work out and get @dukembb #HYPED. Against real teams, it will result in more layup lines and open threes, as it always has.

I think by the eye test we improved some on defense but Pitt is horrible so it's hard to tell. One of the announcers said Stallings is recruiting players to replace his underclassmen starters so that says a lot. Pitt did have some open looks they just missed and the guy with the name that reminded me of Okafor's dad's name was a pain in the ass on the offensive glass! The main question I want to know is who was coaching the Duke team last night and went 10 deep in the first eight minutes?

On a side note: I like Alex O. but his frame makes Brandon Ingram look like The Incredible Hulk!

Last edited:
If Duke wins, it feels like it will happen in the same style as it did last year in Cameron against Wake or this year against FSU. First one to 95 wins.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom