Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] Indiana through Texas Tech (at New York)

I expect our guys to get clobbered at the rim repeatedly and Bilas to wax rhapsodic about their "elite rim protection."

And Zion will spend many minutes on the bench because people fall down after they clobber him, so clearly he committed a foul.

@DurhamSon - I would hope RJ puts most of his energy/effort into guarding Culver tonight. That may be the more important area of emphasis for this game. Zion and Cam may be the attack dogs, and given their ability to score in the halfcourt (better than RJ in this area) the team offense may be more effective vs. TT's tough half court defence.

Maybe a hot take but I expect Duke will win by 15-20. Tech has played absolutely no one outside of Nebraska and they are 309 in the country in Tempo.

Iirc Duke does historically well against these sluggish grind it out defensive teams with maybe one capable playmaker on offense. I'm reminded of that tourney game against SDSU a few years ago that turned out to be nothing to worry about. And we've done better against UVA than anyone else in the country the last 4 or 5 years somehow.

Just hit some threes goddamnit and don't lose some awful 65-62 game after shooting 7-29 from deep or w/e

Iirc Duke does historically well against these sluggish grind it out defensive teams with maybe one capable playmaker on offense. I'm reminded of that tourney game against SDSU a few years ago that turned out to be nothing to worry about. And we've done better against UVA than anyone else in the country the last 4 or 5 years somehow.

Just hit some threes goddamnit and don't lose some awful 65-62 game after shooting 7-29 from deep or w/e
Your last sentence says it all IMO. I think probably a big part of why Duke has done well vs those teams is because Duke was a great halfcourt team that could always shoot over them if they needed to. I'm really looking forward to this matchup and the UVA games. If Duke can handle that kind of opponent, this team is basically foolproof. On paper, a team that takes cares care of the ball, forces a halfcourt game, and forces jumpers instead of drives should be this Duke team's toughest opponent.

Our two recent road wins vs. UVA were due to hot shooting. IIRC, Tatum hit six threes in 2017 (many of them well guarded). And then of course there was Tyus and Quinn going off in the last few minutes of the 2015 game.

Line has moved up to 10 at most places, with the over/under also creeping up, now ranging from 148 to 149.

Smart people know Duke is about to speed up Texas Tech and impose their will on this game. On a serious note, if Duke somehow manages to do that, it's a great sign. I just don't know how this will be possible without Barrett and Reddish taking some terrible 1-on-3 "fast break" layups that are turnovers, thereby defeating the purpose. If Zion goes 1-on-3 or even 1-on-5, that's fine - he'll make like 60% of those attempts by transcending space and time. He can be Justise Winslow at UVA.

If Tre goes for his usual 6 assists, 0-1 turnovers or whatever, just crown him tonight. The best PG in the country for this Duke team.

Last edited:
Nice win Devils - nice to see Cam making massive plays down the stretch. Yes - I know I was wrong about him knocking down treys all night, but fuck it.

Zion fouls out, Barrett point shaving for the first 30 minutes, Reddish drifting in and out of consciousness til the last 5 minutes, still beat a top 10 team by double digits.

Fuck yeah. Garden was actually awesome tonight though I was sitting in a mostly Texas Tech section.

This game will be notable for one of the worst displays of refereeing we will see in a long time. 75 percent of the bad calls hurt Duke.

Tre is fucking god. Can we find the Jones father and just start harvesting his cum for future Coach Redick please?

That's an excellent question.

dukeunccropped.png

Reactions: TBC

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil