Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] Indiana through Texas Tech (at New York)

Despite the ungodly bad shooting from deep we should have won by 20. I wanted to throw my remote at the fucking television with some of those goddamned horseshit charge calls. They ruined what would have been a hell of a national display for Zion with some of the worst ass raping of a whistle i've seen.

Is this what the insufferable cunts of the world like Bilas want? For the game to be completely unwatchable because of this shit?

Is this what the insufferable cunts of the world like Bilas want? For the game to be completely unwatchable because of this shit?

Just give it time. The players will get used to it and adjust their games accordingly. In the end it will be a great improvement. /s

This has to be up there with the best defensive Duke teams of all time, I think. Maybe going back to the Battier years

Haven't read the article yet, but lol at the headline

Just got back from the game. Some detailed thoughts of y’all care to read them

1- Texas Techs offense is absolutely putrid I’m not sure what the hell they were running out there even when they didn’t turn it over. No ball movement, spacing was horrible, they are completely dependent on Culver. That being said Dukes defense was indeed terrific. Zion is a phenomenal help side defender, and the defense rotates very quickly to make up for mistakes(especially Barrett’s) I was particularly watching Tre Jones all night and wow he made the other point guards life miserable. I think at one point Texas changed who was bringing the ball up because Jones was roasting the other guy

2- In not a fan of RJ Barrett at all and I think he plays very selfishly. Some of those shots were terrible. Several times I noticed the entire defense would collapse on him and he wouldn’t throw it to the open guy. He finally made some adjustments, scored a bit, and found Reddish for the 3 that pretty much ended the game.

3- The refs weren’t great and made a few bad calls on each side. I was particularly pissed at Zions 2nd and 5th foul. Those were horrible calls. The 2nd one the guy completely slid under Zion after he started his move and the 5th was a BS flop. I bought tickets especially to see Zion so I wasn’t too happy

4- Like I had thought earlier, I don’t think the ideal strategy to beat this Duke team is to limit possessions, and slow it down. Dukes defense seemed even more aggressive to me because even when Dukes gambles left them in disadvantages Tech didn’t look to take advantage and ran clock instead.To beat this Duke team you need to limit second chances, be able to score and hope that they aren’t hitting jump shots

5. Texas Tech plays very good defense but a team this talented you can only hold down for so long before the talent shines though.

6- Jack White is the perfect role player as stated before.

I’m sure I echoed what others wrote before but I don’t go to these games often or even watch them that much

Last edited:
Went completely the opposite direction on my bet at the last minute and made a decent amount of e-cash. Maybe I just need to employ the George Costanza strategy of doing the opposite of whatever my instincts tell me.
I had $2500 down on Duke -9 waiting to see what @skins did, then pumped another $7500 into it as the final minute of betting closed. I took the Costanza approach after that damn Princeton game.

Fuck yeah. Garden was actually awesome tonight though I was sitting in a mostly Texas Tech section.

This game will be notable for one of the worst displays of refereeing we will see in a long time. 75 percent of the bad calls hurt Duke.

Tre is fucking god. Can we find the Jones father and just start harvesting his cum for future Coach Redick please?
The phrase "Cum Harvester" is now in my lexicon. It's versatile. It could be an insult like "STFU you overgrown cum harvester" or it could just be the name of my new black metal band.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom