Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] Virginia, at Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech, at Notre Dame, St. John's

Seems like a lot to cover, considering how poorly we often seem to play in early Saturday games.

Predictions for the rest of the schedule

BC-W
@ UVA-W
@ Lville-W
NC St-W
UNC-W
@ Cuse-W
@VaTech-L
Miami-W
Wake-W
@UNC-W, could go either way but I think Zion shits all over Luke Maye.

28-3, overall #1 in ACC and NCAA tournaments.

Predictions for the rest of the schedule

BC-W
@ UVA-W
@ Lville-W
NC St-W
UNC-W
@ Cuse-W
@VaTech-L
Miami-W
Wake-W
@UNC-W, could go either way but I think Zion shits all over Luke Maye.

28-3, overall #1 in ACC and NCAA tournaments.

I think 9-1 is the ceiling, 7.5-2.5 the median, and 6-4 the floor.

I'll say this for UVA, if we manage to beat them up there, I think they themselves then have to beat UNC in chapel hill to protect their #1 seed.

This picture should be captioned, "What St John's Looked Like Against Duke"

St_Johns_Duke_Basketball_29234.jpg

I feel pretty confident this is the year we win at VPI.
They have always played bully ball at their place, but I can't see this Duke team withering against anyone.
At UVa is clearly the game of the year, and the two UNC games should be pretty wild.

I think VPI is missing 2-3 of their best players including Robinson. That will help.

I don't think we beat UVA. I didn't the first time either. But this time is at their gym and they aren't going to shoot like they did again.

I feel like even if we lose three more we should get a 1 seed.

Will be interesting to see if UVA's last two subpar performances end up being a bigger trend. I imagine with a week off before playing Duke they will get the rest they need but I am hoping for another subpar performance like what they showed against Miami at home today and at NC State.

Last edited:
Base case for Duke I think is the following:

1. Wins its remaining home games against the sub-top 25 teams (BC, State, Miami, Wake)
2. Splits both of the two back-to-back road stretches (@UVA and @LVille; @Cuse and @VT)
3. Splits with UNC

Reactions: TS9
Base case for Duke I think is the following:

1. Wins its remaining home games against the sub-top 25 teams (BC, State, Miami, Wake)
2. Splits both of the two back-to-back road stretches (@UVA and @LVille; @Cuse and @VT)
3. Splits with UNC
3 more losses would be a disappointment IMO.

I think we sweep Syracuse/VPI. I don't see Cuse shooting 80% against us again, nor can I see a depleted Tech team beating us.

UVa is probably a loss, but K seems to get invested in games against Bennet, so you never know.

This UNC team seems uniquely constructed to get beat by this Duke team. White is going to cough it up against Tre, that's just a certainty IMO. Maye can't ISO Zion and bully him.

The biggest issues will be RJ's shot selection and if Duke's Cam can keep up with UNC'S Cam.

Last edited:
I think we sweep Syracuse/VPI. I don't see Cuse shooting 80% against us again, nor can I see a depleted Tech team beating us.

UVa is probably a loss, but K seems to get invested in games against Bennet, so you never know.

This UNC team seems uniquely constructed to get beat by this Duke team. White is going to cough it up against Tre, that's just a certainty IMO. Maye can't ISO Zion and bully him.

The biggest issues will be RJ's shot selection and if Duke's Cam can keep up with UNC'S Cam.

The other issue is the chance the refs might call fouls on Zion every time he gets within two feet of Maye.
Much as I loathe Maye, he's a smart enough player to know that it'd be a good idea to try to get Williamson in foul trouble as early as possible and make Duke beat you with RJ jumpers and Cam drives.

Unc game will be weird. They are a good three point shooting team, so our three point defense will for once be of value. They’ll beat us badly on the offensive glass like they usually do.

We will not have the disadvantage in transition and at an uptempo pace that we usually do against them but I don’t see Roy slowing it down at all as a result. But one big issue for us offensively is that we usually feast on threes against that team, and don’t know if we’re gonna be able to take advantage of their lax 3 point d this year.

Vegas total is going to be extremely high given the projected pace- I assume in the high 160s or right around 170. Might be an opportunity to take the under given some of these factors.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom